Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Just another day at the office (Lake Wohlford)

Default Just another day at the office (Lake Wohlford)

We've been doing mostly sleep in specials lately at Lake Wohlford. (arriving around 11:00 am) Today my other vehicle had a battery problem, so we had to take care of that before we could leave. After fixing the vehicle, we ended up doing an afternoon delight and didn't arrive at the lake till after noon. It was a very nice day when we got there with partly sunny skies and around 5 mph of wind. (perfect for drifting) We headed straight for the East end and it took all of about 1 minute of drifting before I landed our first trout. On our last trip to the lake we found Green Garlic power bait to be the hot ticket. So that was my bait of choice on both my rods.

In my previous reports, I reported the hot area to fish in the East end was anywhere from the last air rater to the reeds. Today all the boats that were fishing the East end were right around the air rater and not the buoy line to the reeds area. So I concentrated my efforts in that little band from just above the air rater to about 3/4 way to the buoy line. We were getting bites on every drift. I had no problem sticking my fish but my fellow fishing partner Phil had an ingenious idea to put a puff ball right above his bait. So when the trout would bit his offering (same Green power bait as mine) he kept missing his bites. It only took around 2 hours and I was limited out on trout. In the mean time Phil had only landed 2 trout and had plenty of misses. At about 3:00 pm the wind picked up pretty good, so Phil had no chance to finish off his limit. We tried for catfish in the deep water for no love and called it an early day.

I felt kinda bad for Phil for not to get his limit because they were biting pretty good till the wind came up. I told him if he wants to try again next week, there is some pretty good day's available with sunny sky's and just the right amount of wind. He said he will let me know if he can make it!! (so hopefully I'll be able to write another report next week) If I sound like a broken record at Lake Wohlford, it's because it's just a very consistent lake. If you can show up after noon and have a limit in 2 hours, that's nothing to shake a stick at!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-28-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Great report,
    Last edited by sodapop; 01-27-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Great report,
    I saw you guy's went today too and had a good day. (congrats!!) What time did you leave the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I saw you guy's went today too and had a good day. (congrats!!) What time did you leave the lake?
    We left at 11 am but great fishing

Limit in two hours,nice,I always say observe and learn,then adjust and catch,sounds like another nice day at the lake,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic