Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wohlford Report

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    164

    Default Wohlford Report

    I waited for Etucker to post a report, but he didn't. Showed up at 615 and rented boat was freezing. Went straight to East end for no bites, I think to shallow. Went back to boat dock cove, too crowded, so fished on other side of marina.

    First 30 min nothing and then my mice tail pole hooked up, I had to dive to catch the pole, landed a nice trout. My buddy landed one on a spinner. Then we went back to the East end deeper and we're on fire for two hours. We caught are 15 fish limit easy. It was on chartuse pb and huge night crawlers.
    I did see a guy fall into the lake from a boat. He kept his pile in his hand the whole time. His friend helped him in the boat while reeling in a fish at the same time.
    Been chasing a lot of trout trucks these fish we're the best fighting by far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180126_124941108_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	50673
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180126_124938221_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	50674

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canyon Lake
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Nice trout, I have not been fishing for trout for a long long time. Too bad my lake doesn't stock trout.

  3. #3

    Default

    We noticed this weeks fish have been eating their Wheaties!! Solid fights everyone of them!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    We noticed this weeks fish have been eating their Wheaties!! Solid fights everyone of them!!
    I am glad they were great fighters, my friends had a blast, it's hard to talk the Inland empire guys into going to San Diego.

  5. #5

    Default

    Hey guys got a question. I looked on the lakes website but didn't find out.

    How much are the boat rentals and do they sell out or just show up and they generally are available?

    Thanks in advance.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boudroux View Post
    Hey guys got a question. I looked on the lakes website but didn't find out.

    How much are the boat rentals and do they sell out or just show up and they generally are available?

    Thanks in advance.
    35 dollars for an all day normal boat. Boat rentals are way cheaper in San Diego county. There are plenty of boats to rent, you pay for it at a kiosk, no paper work or credit card.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    35 dollars for an all day normal boat. Boat rentals are way cheaper in San Diego county. There are plenty of boats to rent, you pay for it at a kiosk, no paper work or credit card.
    It's been my experience most of the time, you can just show up and they have boats available. They also have a few Bass style boats available for $50 all day rental. Don't forget they have a senior special Tuesday and Thursday for $20 dollar for an all day motor boat for seniors 60 years and up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Gabriel Valley, CA
    Posts
    96

    Default boat rentals

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's been my experience most of the time, you can just show up and they have boats available. They also have a few Bass style boats available for $50 all day rental. Don't forget they have a senior special Tuesday and Thursday for $20 dollar for an all day motor boat for seniors 60 years and up.
    what kind of boats are they?
    I have been wanting to take my daughter out for a bit but haven't wanted to wake up super early to make the drive out there for the boat to all be taken.
    this is great info, thanks for that.....
    I have a couple clamp on rod holders that I would like to use since the young one cant hold the rod still enough, she can cast while we have a couple bait rods soaking. Just want to be sure the rod clamps fit properly.
    if they're like Irvine lakes back in the day, they would work perfect.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pescadito View Post
    what kind of boats are they?
    I have been wanting to take my daughter out for a bit but haven't wanted to wake up super early to make the drive out there for the boat to all be taken.
    this is great info, thanks for that.....
    I have a couple clamp on rod holders that I would like to use since the young one cant hold the rod still enough, she can cast while we have a couple bait rods soaking. Just want to be sure the rod clamps fit properly.
    if they're like Irvine lakes back in the day, they would work perfect.
    14 foot aluminum boats with a gas motor. They don't seem to be selling out very often, but if you do a sleep in special. (arrive at 9-10 am) You can call down there before you leave and ask if they sold out of boats. Which is highly recommended because it's "COLD" in the morning!!! It does warm up nicely later in the day. Check the weather before you go by Googling Lake Wolhford weather. It gives you the temp and the wind hour by hour.

    Also check to see if it's a stock week, their doing every other week stockings now. The Lake Wohlford Press release here on FNN will tell you that.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-29-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •