Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing report 01/28/18 Private Lake

Default Fishing report 01/28/18 Private Lake

Let's see how this one go. I went out fishing target 15 - 20 FOW by the spawning site with big swimbait, spinnerbait and finesse jig with baby menace I spent most of the time in deep water to see if any big mama getting ready to move in, also throw spinnerbait into shallow just in case some already there, but so far no luck. I also check out a few cove with my finesse jig. I manage to caught one keeper on the 2nd cove I stopped while swimming the jig back. This was at 10-12 FOW. I tried to duplicate with no available. The water temp was 56 degree. I believe it might be very soon for bass to start moving in. I remembered last year I caught 5 bass in an hour all from shore on Feb 15. Time to hit lake Perris around Christmas tree and behind island.
    First keeper size of 2018
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0682.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	50654  

Great report, I love that lake

The 5 Fish an hour is right around the corner! Your right, they’ll be moving up soon.

Yeah looking forward to that time at my local lake also!

Cya Tuna Vic

I'm going to target big mama this year no sight fishing for bedding bass. I hope to catch some bigger that my PB at 7.7 lb, but so far it has not happen yet. The last fish I caught on hudd 68 special was on Nov 20 around 4 lb. Hey sodapop, you are in menifee pretty close, where normally you fish at. I used to fish menifee community pond and get pretty good results there.
    My hudd fish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0540.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	50655  
    Last edited by JustJames; 01-26-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
    I'm going to target big mama this year no sight fishing for bedding bass. I hope to catch some bigger that my PB at 7.7 lb, but so far it has not happen yet. The last fish I caught on hudd 68 special was on Nov 20 around 4 lb. Hey sodapop, you are in menifee pretty close, where normally you fish at. I used to fish menifee community pond and get pretty good results there.
    My hudd fish
    I actually live in Cayon Hills, I fish everywhere, and I suck at LMB fishing.

Im pretty sure that pic from November is right there near the back entrance right? Some pretty big fish around there, some big cats once it gets dark also. I have a few friends who live at CL so I do get the occasional invite to fish. By far one of the better lakes for shore fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by ordane View Post
    Im pretty sure that pic from November is right there near the back entrance right? Some pretty big fish around there, some big cats once it gets dark also. I have a few friends who live at CL so I do get the occasional invite to fish. By far one of the better lakes for shore fishing!
    Yeah the crossways on vacation drive, and you are also right about shore fishing here and that is also why I moved here. Even though I have a small Jon boat and kayak but I do a lot of shore fishing. I work 6 days a week so I don't really have a lot of time to fish, it is easier to just grab one set up and a backpack and head to near by park for s couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    I actually live in Cayon Hills, I fish everywhere, and I suck at LMB fishing.
    So we are really a neighbor, huh. If you think you are suck at bass fishing, I am even more suck. I've been fishing for bass at least 15 years. The first 12 years I think I caught may be 10 bass. Before I moved here last year, I lived on Moreno Beach just 5 mins from lake Perris and still didn't do me any good.
    What day you normally fish? Maybe we can get together someday and fish Canyon Lake. I fish Monday, Thursday and Sunday morning.