Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The stone 1/24/2018.

Default The stone 1/24/2018.

It was a warm beautiful day so I stopped by puddingstone lake the eat my lunch on my way home from Covina. The lake was a bit low and I didn't see anyone fishing or one boat on the lake. I sure miss the trout stocking this time of year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2115.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	50652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2117.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	50653

Nice photos wish it was like the old days there but never will be again. I was born raised in Azusa when it was nice played in Azusa canyon camped out down west folk rangers would drive by and ask if we were ok and tell us to be careful. We would camp on the beach at the bridge two miles in have a camp fire going when the rangers came by not a problem.

Yep such good memories I have of the old Covina days and Azusa canyon fun. Sometimes I would ride my bike to puddingstone when it was a reservoir not a park like now. Thanks for the reply drifter.

Thanks for the pics. Any signs of life in the lake?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2111.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	50672It looked kinda dead and didn't see as many ducks and water birds that I usually see there this time of year. Also the road to the sail boat cove was closed for some reason.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 01-27-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Hmmm... I guess I'll just have to go and try.

Used to be my favorite lake,I live in Whittier not close,and I would get home after work and hook up my boat and drive there and fish for a couple hours and always catch some decent bass. I actually caught my personal best there. As I get older I realize nothing stays the same. Oh well.

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice pictures. Been going 2-3 times a week. A lot of carp up shallow. Caught my first legal LMB of the year about two weeks ago right after the rain, fat 4 1/2 pounder. Nothing since though. Not sure why sailboat is coned off, there was something going on at east shore two days ago.

I was there Wednesday, Fished the piers for a little bit in the evening, but didn't see anything. Sailboat cove was open, there is construction on one side of the road, but wasn't closed. I just hung out with the girlfriend there, didn't fish it. Only other fishermen at the entire lake were at the docks in Sailboat.

Thanks all for the pudd news, I love that place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast