Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Returning My 10' Surf Rod To Daiwa!

Default Returning My 10' Surf Rod To Daiwa!

Returning My 10' Surf Rod To Daiwa! And Daiwa Honored Their Warranty! Bravo!

Earlier this year i purchased 3 Daiwa Coastal Surf Rods. 10', 10.5' & 11' from Charley's Fishing Supply. The 10' & 10.5' rods snapped a foot below the tip while casting weights less then half of the rated maximum. The 11' is a beast of a rod & is correctly rated. I feel these rods should be re-rated. But i contacted Daiwa Corporation & communicated my concerns with Casey Yoern who sent me the pdf return form.

I sent the 10' rod on 12/14/17, it was received on 12/18/17. Today is 12/27/17 & i received a brand new 10' Coastal Surf Rod replacement. Took less then 2-weeks at the busiest time of the year! I'm impressed by the courteous service that Daiwa gave me. And Mr Yoern's follow-up emails to make sure everything was fine.

I'm not sure why the rod broke the way it did. Others have shared similar stories with me. I was casting weights rated less then half the maximum rated weights. So did the others. I was told Daiwa changed how the rods were made but can't confirm this. To me and some Fishing Store dealers we feel that high production models like these require humans to locate the spline or spine to equalize the stiffness of the guides on the rod. During periods of high manufacturing volumes a few misplaced splines could happen. Other concerns range from the rolled thickness of the materials used, the heating process to the unusual 1st low profile K-Guide that is purposely reversed on this 30/70 split casting rod.

I will not blame Daiwa for the breakage as these things do happen. I do applaud DAIWA CORPORATION for honoring their 5yr warranty & sending a new replacement within 2-weeks during the busiest time of the year. And a special thank you goes out to MR CASEY YOERN of DAIWA who took great care of my needs & communicated with my concerns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTwxQCHVG6s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7013.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	50649  

I had the same experience with my Daiwa surf rod. It broke the second or third time I used it. I was also throwing a lure well under the rated limit. Since I bought mine through Amazon, I returned it for a full refund. It's a shame; I've never had any problem with any Daiwa products before or since.

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

I've never had problems with Daiwa either, until i bought both the 10ft & 10.5ft Coastal Surf. Both snapped while plugging surface plugs at half the rated weight load.

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?

So whats the exact meaning of this thread? Advertising for daiwa’s warranty, or warning us not to buy daiwa 10' Surf Rod?

Quote Originally Posted by ifishon View Post
    So whats the exact meaning of this thread? Advertising for daiwa’s warranty, or warning us not to buy daiwa 10' Surf Rod?
    It's spam, posted to multiple websites.

Still waiting for an answer as to what the OP's motives are. But I doubt they are altruistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishon View Post
    Pointing out that there might be a manufacturers defect with the Coastals. I broke 2 at under 50% of their load. Many others have to. And after chatting with Daiwa i hope they'll change how the rod is manufactured after all the pics i sent them on dzs of broken rods. And the free replacement? It broke to. Problems with shelf rods is the spline still needs human alignment. It's hard to do this correctly while trying to pump out rods by the 100's. And this hater that keeps chiming in? Everyone with a brain can figure out what she's says is ####. To her i'm promoting myself with every fishing company in the world incl balloon makers. Right. So insulting the Admins here & saying to everyone that this forum is old & dying speaks for itself. I'm sure the Admins here don't appreciate that remark about this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Chris View Post
    And this hater that keeps chiming in? Everyone with a brain can figure out what she's says is ####. To her i'm promoting myself with every fishing company in the world incl balloon makers. Right. So insulting the Admins here & saying to everyone that this forum is old & dying speaks for itself. I'm sure the Admins here don't appreciate that remark about this forum.
    You're a spammer, nothing more, nothing less. Your spamming activity makes your motives anything but altruistic. And every time I see one of your spamming posts, I'll expose it for what it is.

And one more thing - I never insulted the admins, nor did I ever say this forum is old and dying. So that makes you a pathetic liar as well.