You've offered some interesting points that deserve an honest response.

Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
I love my country. Although I may not participate with the kneeling thing. Everyone one has there right to if they wish. Not sure it changes government systems.
I too love my country, and I too would not take a knee during the Anthem (though not because of some misguided allegiance or deference). But to think it does not bring about change is incorrect - more on that below.

Isn’t that why we vote? Regardless of what controls the office I never agree 100% on there views. All systems regardless of organizations can be fixed to Serve the people. Kneeling in my opinion only makes a statement. Still doesn’t change crap!
Voting is not the only method of change. In fact, in the history of our country, there have been many circumstances and events which have precluded voting. And while I agree that our political, social, or economic systems can be changed for the better, demonstrations have been shown to effect change, and not serve merely as statements.

In my opinion the is racism and Idiocrasy’s effect all. I am considered a minority and statistically should not be where I’m at. I could blame everyone and everything if I choose to do so, but where would that get me. So I take a knee. That proves a lot. I’d rather get off my tush and pound the pavement and remain determined to become who I am today. I can blame my ethinc background etc. blah blah blah but I’m the only one who loses. Instead I’d rather get off my potty pot and make a better life for myself. In my opinion there is good and bad in any organization. But not all members are bad. Things happen and I may not agree with some but others I do. I don’t care about color, religion, creed etc it’s your right. But cross the lines and you get what you deserve. The biggest issue I have is some expect free hand outs, while others like my self get up and work everyday. Can’t find a job. Wouldn’t know always had one even if it didn’t pay what I know I’m worth. Racial profiling I’m sure it happens but so does discrimination against all in some form or another. I always empathize stop blaming others and accept responsibility for yourself.
I admire your idea that you can use personal achievement to overcome systematic discrimination and institutional disadvantage. Unfortunately, for far too many people, that is not a realistic (or even possible) means of change. That's not to say that I believe people should resort to blaming others instead of making an effort to improve their situation in life - far from it. No, it's not right to forever blame others and live perpetually with your hand out - But that's not what this thread is about. Colin Kaepernick used his talent and his success to lend his support for a movement that, while flawed, is noble in it's motives and efforts. His demonstration wasn't an exercise in self-pity, but a use of his position and success to speak out for others who have no voice. His actions no doubt had consequences, but they also brought about positive change - one only needs to visit the NFL's website to see the beginning of that change.