Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Bowl.

I'm hearing Mountain Dew is gonna pitch Gandhi for their new flavor next year.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever....and Do the Dew."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'm hearing Mountain Dew is gonna pitch Gandhi for their new flavor next year.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever....and Do the Dew."
    I hear the logo got leaked......

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    How about that Dodge ad?

Nothing like using a little MLK Jr to sell some trucks.
    Hey Hey ! Its their right to do that. $$$$$ . Kinda like NFL players right to kneel before a game. This is the year of 2018 . Stand by more is on the way and coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Hey Hey ! Its their right to do that. $$$$$ . Kinda like NFL players right to kneel before a game. This is the year of 2018 . Stand by more is on the way and coming soon to a city near you.
    Actually, you're wrong.

Eric D. Tidwell, manager of the Estate of Dr. Martin Luther King, which handles the licensing King’s intellectual property, made the decision to allow King’s sermon to be used in the advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Actually, you're wrong.
    Yeah then its a legal thing and ok but still think advertisement should be left out of it, I wonder if King is benefitting from the decision $$$$ .

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Yeah then its a legal thing and ok but still think advertisement should be left out of it, I wonder if King is benefitting from the decision $$$$ .
    I doubt King is benefiting from it, unless they've found a way to transfer funds to the afterlife.

And given the full context of the speech Pudd, I would have to agree with you - it was a shameful use of MLK's words to promote truck sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    And given the full context of the speech Pudd, I would have to agree with you - it was a shameful use of MLK's words to promote truck sales.
    I think the first edit of the ad was a lot better:

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    So Tucker is a constitutionalist untilit doesn't jive with his belief system and you, well you're just a pimple on his ***! If there's this idea of freedom to protest and expression why the outrage when the KKK protest? I suppose until you've lived a life of struggle and repression much like that chick Rachel Dolezal you won't know what it is to be black. Liberal lunacy is what ails you
    You're waaaaay too easy steelplatehead. All I have to do is let you keep running your mouth.

"Good news I heard some companies are giving out bonuses is yours?" You are too dumb to realize that your paltry 'bonus' will be gone and you'll still be paying the same for your healthcare (for now) and you'll still be getting your same wage and nothing has changed EXCEPT, your corporation now get's to keep all this years left over and all of every year from now on left over from the 'tax relief' and you know how much you'll see????? Keep holding you breath. They'll buy up their own stocks, give themselves (CEO's etc.) enormous bonuses and will keep doing so as long as they can. The workers will get a one time stipend to shut their stupid butts up. I guess you're also OK with us paying these chicken@&$& corporations (Apple, etc.) $68 BILLION tax bill for them so they can claim to be hero's and move jobs here, when all along this country has been making them more profit by buying their products than they can even spend. $68 billion will go a long way into boosting profits and share prices. They wait and get the guys they want in office to dodge paying any taxes at all and have US PAYING THEM. What part of this is OK with you?
    How about they pay the outstanding tax bill and then they are allowed to take advantage of the new tax 'reform' after paying whats owed to the people of the United States. What these greedy corporations avoid, you and me (all middle working class parties) will be making up the difference. If the Walton's would just take $1 billion of the their almost $100 billion. That's a thousand million for each billion to you numerically challenged ones. 100 billion is a $100,000,000 x 1,000 times over. Just one billion or 1/100th of that could pay for ALL Wal-mart employees health insurance in full and pay them twice what they're making. They would still have $90 BILLION dollars. It all comes down to greed and how much greed you're willing to accept. I have little tolerance, but you on the other hand seem to think that these 1%er's that are being handed our country give one single s%^& about you. Here's a little fact for you. Please don't break out in hives. I know you're allergic to them.

Walmart isn't paying for those food stamps (now called SNAP), you are. The annual bill that states and the federal government foot for working families making poverty-level wages is $153 billion. A single Walmart Supercenter costs taxpayers between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year in public assistance money.Feb 16, 2016

This 'between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year' is PER STORE and there is 3,522 of just the Supercenters.

Total number of Walmart stores in the United States from 2012 to 2017, by type
    Records: Search:
    Type 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
    Sam's Club 611 620 632 647 655 660
    Discount stores 629 561 508 470 442 415
    Neighborhood
    markets 210 286 407 639 667 735
    Supercenters 3,029 3,158 3,288 3,407 3,465 3,522
    Total 4,479 4,005 4,203 4,516 4,574 4,672

Hopefully the link below will work, but I'm not sure if you consider Forbes Magazine to be 'Fake News'.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc.../#6bab9e55720b

The fact that you're OK with them getting tax cuts pretty much puts you where we all know where you stand and how much logical thinking you utilize. SMDH
    Last edited by Brent; 02-06-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    So Tucker is a constitutionalist untilit doesn't jive with his belief system and you, well you're just a pimple on his ***! If there's this idea of freedom to protest and expression why the outrage when the KKK protest? I suppose until you've lived a life of struggle and repression much like that chick Rachel Dolezal you won't know what it is to be black. Liberal lunacy is what ails you
    You're waaaaay too easy steelplatehead. All I have to do is let you keep running your mouth.

"Good news I heard some companies are giving out bonuses is yours?" You are too dumb to realize that your paltry 'bonus' will be gone and you'll still be paying the same for your healthcare (for now) and you'll still be getting your same wage and nothing has changed EXCEPT, your corporation now get's to keep all this years left over and all of every year from now on left over from the 'tax relief' and you know how much you'll see????? Keep holding you breath. They'll buy up their own stocks, give themselves (CEO's etc.) enormous bonuses and will keep doing so as long as they can. The workers will get a one time stipend to shut their stupid butts up. I guess you're also OK with us paying these chicken@&$& corporations (Apple, etc.) $68 BILLION tax bill for them so they can claim to be hero's and move jobs here, when all along this country has been making them more profit by buying their products than they can even spend. $68 billion will go a long way into boosting profits and share prices. They wait and get the guys they want in office to dodge paying any taxes at all and have US PAYING THEM. What part of this is OK with you?
    How about they pay the outstanding tax bill and then they are allowed to take advantage of the new tax 'reform' after paying whats owed to the people of the United States. What these greedy corporations avoid, you and me (all middle working class parties) will be making up the difference. If the Walton's would just take $1 billion of the their almost $100 billion. That's a thousand million for each billion to you numerically challenged ones. 100 billion is a $100,000,000 x 1,000 times over. Just one billion or 1/100th of that could pay for ALL Wal-mart employees health insurance in full and pay them twice what they're making. They would still be have $90 BILLION dollars. It all comes down to greed and how much greed you're willing to accept. I have little tolerance, but you on the other hand seem to think that these 1%er's that are being handed our country give one single s%^& about you. Here's a little fact for you. Please don't break out in hives. I know you're allergic to them.

Walmart isn't paying for those food stamps (now called SNAP), you are. The annual bill that states and the federal government foot for working families making poverty-level wages is $153 billion. A single Walmart Supercenter costs taxpayers between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year in public assistance money.Feb 16, 2016

This 'between $904,542 and $1.75 million per year' is PER STORE and there is 3,522 of just the Supercenters.

Neighborhood

Hopefully the link below will work, but I'm not sure if you consider Forbes Magazine to be 'Fake News'.

The fact that you're OK with this pretty much puts you where we all know where you stand and how much logical thinking you utilize. SMDH

No thanks for dissertation jackhole. Healthcare is fine but if you're afraid yours is going away because Obamacare is DOA then I can see how you feel about these issues. What was different 5 months ago and now? The corporations were going to make billions anyways, did the higher taxes for them go into your pocket? It didn't mine. The corporations are getting the lower tax breaks, individuals making a good living are going to pay more, do a little research before you run your mouth idiot! I'm sure millions of people are NOT happy about getting extra money back from their taxes. You are a @#$# government leech who is good at pointing fingers and engaging in class warfare. I seem to remember a McFerrin classic, don't worry be happy! Try it sometimes and don't be so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post

How about they pay the outstanding tax bill and then they are allowed to take advantage of the new tax 'reform' after paying whats owed to the people of the United States. What these greedy corporations avoid, you and me (all middle working class parties) will be making up the difference. If the Walton's would just take $1 billion of the their almost $100 billion. That's a thousand million for each billion to you numerically challenged ones. 100 billion is a $100,000,000 x 1,000 times over. Just one billion or 1/100th of that could pay for ALL Wal-mart employees health insurance in full and pay them twice what they're making. They would still be have $90 BILLION dollars. It all comes down to greed and how much greed you're willing to accept. I have little tolerance, but you on the other hand seem to think that these 1%er's that are being handed our country give one single s%^& about you. Here's a little fact for you. Please don't break out in hives. I know you're allergic to them.

Neighborhood

The fact that you're OK with this pretty much puts you where we all know where you stand and how much logical thinking you utilize. SMDH

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast