Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Bowl.

So Tucker is a constitutionalist untilit doesn't jive with his belief system and you, well you're just a pimple on his ***! If there's this idea of freedom to protest and expression why the outrage when the KKK protest? I suppose until you've lived a life of struggle and repression much like that chick Rachel Dolezal you won't know what it is to be black. Liberal lunacy is what ails you

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I'm going to have to go with LQ's name for you on this one steelplatehead.
    Until you've been black, grew up black, lived through the struggle and repression that is still currently going on and has been for hundreds of years.
    Please feel free to STHU and let them peacefully protest!
    They are harming no one, but you sensitive flag waving wanna be patriots. A real 'American' would be striving to right this situation and not making it worse. They are American citizens just like you and I and I'd be willing to bet that if your family and yourself had been through what there's have. You'd be on both knees praying for help from god and not just kneeling.

F#{€, here we go.... This site is done.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    F#{€, here we go.... This site is done.
    No it's not!!! If this was done in a fish report or in a general fishing discussion thread you would be correct. This was put in the GD section and the only people who want to discus the subject are participating!!! It's not spilling over to any fishing threads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    So Tucker is a constitutionalist untilit doesn't jive with his belief system and you, well you're just a pimple on his ***! If there's this idea of freedom to protest and expression why the outrage when the KKK protest? I suppose until you've lived a life of struggle and repression much like that chick Rachel Dolezal you won't know what it is to be black. Liberal lunacy is what ails you
    The real problem is too much education!!! I know what an authoritarian leader wants to do. First eliminate Freedom of the press and then go after Freedom of speech. Once that has been accomplished, next go after the right to assemble etc.

Any sign our great leader (Trump) wants to do any of those things????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-25-2018 at 03:57 PM.

I didn't think it was possible, but you've managed to exceed your previous accomplishments in stupidity.

Did you really compare the Black Lives Matter movement with the Ku Klux Klan (a historically criminal organization which espouses racism, antisemitism, and white supremacy and has engaged in wanton violence against minorities)? Do you honestly believe that the KKK holds the same legitimacy as the BLM, regardless of either's First Amendment Rights?

Such stupidity coming from you shouldn't be surprising, especially considering you mentioned Rachel Dolezal, a woman exposed as a fraud and liar for her racial and cultural appropriation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Did you really compare the Black Lives Matter movement with the Ku Klux Klan (a historically criminal organization which espouses racism, antisemitism, and white supremacy and has engaged in wanton violence against minorities)? Do you honestly believe that the KKK holds the same legitimacy as the BLM, regardless of either's First Amendment Rights?.
    Yeah, I'm sure he did.

I'm going to LOVE the response to this.

The short answer for you is they are both BAD, Very BAD, BAD, Bigly bad hombres. The Bureau of land management is legitimate the BLM movement is a terrorist movement not much better than the KKK movement encouraging attacks leading to the deaths of law enforcement officers and inpiring civil unrestin general, so no they are not legitimate. My analogies are going way over your pea brain to comprehend. Rachael Dolezal was embraced by the left until her fraud was discovered and left them no choice. So when's the RESIST protest? Good news I heard some companies are giving out bonuses is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I didn't think it was possible, but you've managed to exceed your previous accomplishments in stupidity.

Did you really compare the Black Lives Matter movement with the Ku Klux Klan (a historically criminal organization which espouses racism, antisemitism, and white supremacy and has engaged in wanton violence against minorities)? Do you honestly believe that the KKK holds the same legitimacy as the BLM, regardless of either's First Amendment Rights?

Such stupidity coming from you shouldn't be surprising, especially considering you mentioned Rachel Dolezal, a woman exposed as a fraud and liar for her racial and cultural appropriation.

[T]he BLM movement is a terrorist movement not much better than the KKK movement encouraging attacks leading to the deaths of law enforcement officers and inpiring civil unrestin general, so no they are not legitimate. My analogies are going way over your pea brain to comprehend.
    You are completely clueless if you truly believe that is the BLM's agenda. What is obvious is that your comparison of the BLM and the KKK is to criticize the activities of the former, while legitimizing the activities of the latter.

The Atlantic published a recent article which succinctly summaries the motives (and offers fair criticism of) the BLM movement:

Then there is Black Lives Matter. After spending a lot of time reading and reporting about the movement, I understand its primary end to be stopping unjust killings by police officers; some of its members have broader agendas, like economic redistribution, but reforming police is the movement’s main goal and the one that is universally shared.

And its primary means are twofold: Its members engage in street protests in lots of cities; and its leaders push for 10 specific reforms set forth in Campaign Zero, which calls for an end to “broken windows” policing, more community oversight of police departments, stricter limits on the use of force, independent investigations of police misconduct, community representation in municipal governments, body cameras, better training, an end to “policing for profit,” demilitarization, and union contracts that don’t protect misbehaving police officers from being held accountable.

If you disagree with any of my characterizations about the means and ends of those groups, we are at odds over facts, not values, and I am open to seeing evidence that challenges my assessment of a complicated matter. Bearing that in mind can make hashing out the truth less fraught and more likely to proceed constructively and profitably.

Given my understanding of the facts, where do I stand?

Black Lives Matter

For starters, I don’t think Black Lives Matter belongs in the online conversation about whether Americans should be denouncing violence “on all sides.” The movement’s end of stopping unjust police killings is laudable; and its leaders and the vast majority of its members openly favor nonviolent means. Plus, unlike Nazis, nothing about the future it desires is inseparable from initiating violence. That doesn’t mean it is beyond criticism. It is a large, free-wheeling movement without clear leaders, and individual participants have no doubt acted badly on many occasions, as is true of groups as varied as the Sons of Liberty in 1775, anti-Vietnam War protesters, and the Tea Party. I have criticized Black Lives Matter activists in the past for disrupting a Bernie Sanders event and for the tactic of blocking freeways.

But I draw a distinction between objectionable acts of civil disobedience and engaging in violence. Some Black Lives Matter critics blame the group for the killing of five Dallas police officers. But the gunman acted alone, using tactics that the protest movement never urged or used, and group leaders denounced the killings. The group has the same relationship to the Dallas killer as nonviolent pro-life groups have to the extremist who perpetrated a mass killing at a Planned Parenthood.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelplatehead View Post
    Rachael Dolezal was embraced by the left until her fraud was discovered and left them no choice.
    Which is irrelevant to the subject hand, and is nothing more than deflection.

So when's the RESIST protest?
    More irrelevant blathering, more pointless deflection.

Good news I heard some companies are giving out bonuses is yours?
    And yet even more deflection on your part. Seems your hypocrisy goes hand in hand with your - what was the phrase you used? - oh yeah, your pea-brained foolishness.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 01-25-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let me be the frothing liberal to respond. Part of being an American is having the right to protest what we feel is an injustice. Probably the best example of a prolong protest was the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's. I don't think anyone with a straight face would say what they did in the 1960's was wrong!!! Now you have the women's movement, are they wrong to protest??? If you're looking for rules on how to protest, who do you think should be the judge???
    Sorry that I have made such a ruckus and I agree that Americans have a right to protest, but come on at a NFL football game Gueess ! A lot of kids just Idle pro sport figures and I don't think they need to see that stuff at a football game. Common sense should be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    The National Anthem kneeling thing this last year sure did bug me how about you. I don't care to even watch it because of that. Just a old *** Vietnam Veterans point of view.
    Kneeling for the anthem. What a joke. Try kneeling in North Korea. See how that works out for you. Protest in a different way if you want. I want to see football not a protest.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast