Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Super Bowl.

Default 2018 Super Bowl.

The National Anthem kneeling thing this last year sure did bug me how about you. I don't care to even watch it because of that. Just a old *** Vietnam Veterans point of view.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 01-23-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Old Pudd you shouldn't stir up the hornets nest with the Libs in here they will come out frothing at the mouth and accuse you of being a heartless racist for holding this belief. I'm not a vet but I'm bothered by it as well, too much identity politics with the democrats that they forget we're Americans first.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    The National Anthem kneeling thing this last year sure did bug me how about you. I don't care to even watch it because of that. Just a old *** Vietnam Veterans point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Old Pudd you shouldn't stir up the hornets nest with the Libs in here they will come out frothing at the mouth and accuse you of being a heartless racist for holding this belief. I'm not a vet but I'm bothered by it as well, too much identity politics with the democrats that they forget we're Americans first.
    Let me be the frothing liberal to respond. Part of being an American is having the right to protest what we feel is an injustice. Probably the best example of a prolong protest was the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's. I don't think anyone with a straight face would say what they did in the 1960's was wrong!!! Now you have the women's movement, are they wrong to protest??? If you're looking for rules on how to protest, who do you think should be the judge???
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-24-2018 at 04:05 PM.

They are not protesting women's equality their protest is a manifestation of the BLM movement which started with the Michael Brown Shooting and your king Obama and DOJ jumped into the middle of those protest and publicly indicted the cop before any facts and investigation took place.
    Obama came out and he said they would investigate and prosecute to the full extent of the law and his sidekick Eric Holder sent his FBI goons in there to attempt to find any misconduct so that they could pin it on the cop and stir up racial strife. It turns out the urban hoodlum was in the wrong and was the aggressor and also had committed a robbery before the shooting and all evidence cleared the cop and justified the shooting with eyewitnesses providing accounts that corroborated with the cops version of the event. Now you have the facts. So a movement based on them glorifying a criminal and inciting violence against law enforcement and you're okay with it. You really are brain washed

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let me be the frothing liberal to respond. Part of being an American is having the right to protest what we feel is an injustice. Probably the best example of a prolong protest was the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's. I don't think anyone with a straight face would say what they did in the 1960's was wrong!!! Now you have the women's movement, are they wrong to protest??? If you're looking for rules on how to protest, who do you think should be the judge???

How's fishing???????????

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    How's fishing???????????
    I'll let you know Saturday when I write up my fishing report!!

They are not protesting women's equality their protest is a manifestation of the BLM movement which started with the Michael Brown Shooting and your king Obama and DOJ jumped into the middle of those protest and publicly indicted the cop before any facts and investigation took place.
    Obama came out and he said they would investigate and prosecute to the full extent of the law and his sidekick Eric Holder sent his FBI goons in there to attempt to find any misconduct so that they could pin it on the cop and stir up racial strife. It turns out the urban hoodlum was in the wrong and was the aggressor and also had committed a robbery before the shooting and all evidence cleared the cop and justified the shooting with eyewitnesses providing accounts that corroborated with the cops version of the event. Now you have the facts. So a movement based on them glorifying a criminal and inciting violence against law enforcement and you're okay with it. You really are brain washed
    I'm talking in a more General sense, "about American's right to protest." Do you think the Foosball protest is the only big protest that happened this year??? I brought up the women's protest because it is less controversial. But if you want another big controversial protest to talk about, "what about the Confederate monument protest?" They are all related!!! In a Democracy (which we live in) taking away our right to protest is fundamental to our Freedom. (are you against our Freedoms???) That's why I asked, "what should be the rules on protesting and who should decide what the rules are?' Not is the NFL protest a good protest??? (A good protest is in the eye of the beholder)

I'll leave with you with what President Trump said after the Virginia protest. If they get away with taking down statues of General Lee, what's next??? Taking down statues of Washington and Jefferson??? If your against the NFL protest where does it stop??? Banning all Protest??? If that happens we have lost our Freedoms!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-25-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Old Fisher was referring specifically to the kneeling protest and you conflate it by bringing in other protests. Nice deflection.

If you are claiming
    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm talking in a more General sense, "about American's right to protest." Do you think the Foosball protest is the only big protest that happened this year??? I brought up the women's protest because it is less controversial. But if you want another big controversial protest to talk about, "what about the Confederate monument protest?" They are all related!!! In a Democracy (which we live in) taking away our right to protest is fundamental to our Freedom. (are you against our Freedoms???) That's why I asked, "what should be the rules on protesting and who should decide what the rules are?' Not is the NFL protest a good protest??? (A good protest is in the eye of the beholder)

I'll leave with you with what President Trump said after the Virginia protest. If they get away with taking down statues of General Lee, what's next??? Taking down statues of Washington and Jefferson??? If your against the NFL protest where does it stop??? Banning all Protest??? If that happens we have lost our Freedoms!!!!

Old Fisher was referring specifically to the kneeling protest and you conflate it by bringing in other protests. Nice deflection.

If you are claiming
    I'll admit you got a real good handle about the weakness of the players case and how and where they are taking out their protest. But it does lead to a much bigger picture.

Let me explain it in a different way. (I'll use a scene from a movie that's is based on a True story)

The people vs Larry Flint (Hustler magazine)

In the movie Larry Flint lawyer gave his opening statement and went something like this. I don't like what Larry Flint does for a living!!! It disgust's me, but we all have protections in the Bill of Rights. If we start taking away peoples rights because we don't agree with how they are used. One day we will "ALL" be without rights!!!

So where do we draw the line?????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-25-2018 at 12:51 PM.

I'm going to have to go with LQ's name for you on this one steelplatehead.
    Until you've been black, grew up black, lived through the struggle and repression that is still currently going on and has been for hundreds of years.
    Please feel free to STHU and let them peacefully protest!
    They are harming no one, but you sensitive flag waving wanna be patriots. A real 'American' would be striving to right this situation and not making it worse. They are American citizens just like you and I and I'd be willing to bet that if your family and yourself had been through what there's have. You'd be on both knees praying for help from god and not just kneeling.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast