Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: 2018 Super Bowl.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Yo' couch!
    Posts
    2,981

    Default

    You've offered some interesting points that deserve an honest response.

    Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    I love my country. Although I may not participate with the kneeling thing. Everyone one has there right to if they wish. Not sure it changes government systems.
    I too love my country, and I too would not take a knee during the Anthem (though not because of some misguided allegiance or deference). But to think it does not bring about change is incorrect - more on that below.

    Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    Isnít that why we vote? Regardless of what controls the office I never agree 100% on there views. All systems regardless of organizations can be fixed to Serve the people. Kneeling in my opinion only makes a statement. Still doesnít change crap!
    Voting is not the only method of change. In fact, in the history of our country, there have been many circumstances and events which have precluded voting. And while I agree that our political, social, or economic systems can be changed for the better, demonstrations have been shown to effect change, and not serve merely as statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    In my opinion the is racism and Idiocrasyís effect all. I am considered a minority and statistically should not be where Iím at. I could blame everyone and everything if I choose to do so, but where would that get me. So I take a knee. That proves a lot. Iíd rather get off my tush and pound the pavement and remain determined to become who I am today. I can blame my ethinc background etc. blah blah blah but Iím the only one who loses. Instead Iíd rather get off my potty pot and make a better life for myself. In my opinion there is good and bad in any organization. But not all members are bad. Things happen and I may not agree with some but others I do. I donít care about color, religion, creed etc itís your right. But cross the lines and you get what you deserve. The biggest issue I have is some expect free hand outs, while others like my self get up and work everyday. Canít find a job. Wouldnít know always had one even if it didnít pay what I know Iím worth. Racial profiling Iím sure it happens but so does discrimination against all in some form or another. I always empathize stop blaming others and accept responsibility for yourself.
    I admire your idea that you can use personal achievement to overcome systematic discrimination and institutional disadvantage. Unfortunately, for far too many people, that is not a realistic (or even possible) means of change. That's not to say that I believe people should resort to blaming others instead of making an effort to improve their situation in life - far from it. No, it's not right to forever blame others and live perpetually with your hand out - But that's not what this thread is about. Colin Kaepernick used his talent and his success to lend his support for a movement that, while flawed, is noble in it's motives and efforts. His demonstration wasn't an exercise in self-pity, but a use of his position and success to speak out for others who have no voice. His actions no doubt had consequences, but they also brought about positive change - one only needs to visit the NFL's website to see the beginning of that change.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Yo' couch!
    Posts
    2,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    But cross the lines and you get what you deserve.
    This is the only statement you made that I take serious issue with. This sort of mentality, at it's core, is the rationalization used by terrorists, fundamentalists, authoritarians, and neo-fascists to exert control over others.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rancho Mirage CA
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    This is the only statement you made that I take serious issue with. This sort of mentality, at it's core, is the rationalization used by terrorists, fundamentalists, authoritarians, and neo-fascists to exert control over others.
    My apologies as that was not my intention. I will edit that as soon as possible. That by far was not what I was trying to imply and I realize how it can be perceived. I appreciate you pointing that out so I can address.

  4. #34

    Default

    NOOOO, you're speaking too much truth and throwing a wrench into the liberal narrative of blame the system!

    Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    In my opinion the is racism and Idiocrasyís effect all. I am considered a minority and statistically should not be where Iím at. I could blame everyone and everything if I choose to do so, but where would that get me. So I take a knee. That proves a lot. Iíd rather get off my tush and pound the pavement and remain determined to become who I am today. I can blame my ethinc background etc. blah blah blah but Iím the only one who loses. Instead Iíd rather get off my potty pot and make a better life for myself. In my opinion there is good and bad in any organization. But not all members are bad. Things happen and I may not agree with some but others I do. I donít care about color, religion, creed etc itís your right. But cross the lines and you get what you deserve. The biggest issue I have is some expect free hand outs, while others like my self get up and work everyday. Canít find a job. Wouldnít know always had one even if it didnít pay what I know Iím worth. Racial profiling Iím sure it happens but so does discrimination against all in some form or another. I always empathize stop blaming others and accept responsibility for yourself.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rancho Mirage CA
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    You've offered some interesting points that deserve an honest response.



    I too love my country, and I too would not take a knee during the Anthem (though not because of some misguided allegiance or deference). But to think it does not bring about change is incorrect - more on that below.



    Voting is not the only method of change. In fact, in the history of our country, there have been many circumstances and events which have precluded voting. And while I agree that our political, social, or economic systems can be changed for the better, demonstrations have been shown to effect change, and not serve merely as statements.



    I admire your idea that you can use personal achievement to overcome systematic discrimination and institutional disadvantage. Unfortunately, for far too many people, that is not a realistic (or even possible) means of change. That's not to say that I believe people should resort to blaming others instead of making an effort to improve their situation in life - far from it. No, it's not right to forever blame others and live perpetually with your hand out - But that's not what this thread is about. Colin Kaepernick used his talent and his success to lend his support for a movement that, while flawed, is noble in it's motives and efforts. His demonstration wasn't an exercise in self-pity, but a use of his position and success to speak out for others who have no voice. His actions no doubt had consequences, but they also brought about positive change - one only needs to visit the NFL's website to see the beginning of that change.
    I am aware of why he took a knee. The point I was trying to make was,

    1) We (or at least I) have felt or experienced what he is making a statement about.

    2) We all have a voice regardless of status.

    3) If we have an issue acknowledge it (which has been done) and then put in a plan to rid of it.

    4) Lastly, my own experience was shared to emphasize that regardless of what or who were made of we can do anything we want in life.

    I by no means walk on water and can easily say that the world is unfair to me, but how far is that going to get me? Instead I’d rather look at ways to to try and better myself, and lead by example by treating ALL equally.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Yo' couch!
    Posts
    2,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mstr fish View Post
    I am aware of why he took a knee. The point I was trying to make was,

    1) We (or at least I) have felt or experienced what he is making a statement about.

    2) We all have a voice regardless of status.

    3) If we have an issue acknowledge it (which has been done) and then put in a plan to rid of it.

    4) Lastly, my own experience was shared to emphasize that regardless of what or who were made of we can do anything we want in life.

    I by no means walk on water and can easily say that the world is unfair to me, but how far is that going to get me? Instead I’d rather look at ways to to try and better myself, and lead by example by treating ALL equally.
    I agree with all these points in general. However, on your second point: while we may all have a voice, we do not have an equal voice, and that is because of our status. And unfortunately, that is reflected on all aspects of our lives, including our vote, one of the instruments of change you spoke of.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    F#{Ä, here we go.... This site is done.
    ONE MORE TIME
    Don't come in these sections if you can't handle it. Stay in the fishing sections.
    This section is CLEARLY labeled as non fishing and what's going on now happens to be pretty damned important. hence all of the discussion.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Kneeling for the anthem. What a joke. Try kneeling in North Korea. See how that works out for you. Protest in a different way if you want. I want to see football not a protest.
    So in your complete lack of brain function you say we should be more like N. Korea. You do now know why we think you're an idiot.
    You actually made the 'libtards' point for them moron. because we are not N. Korea. we are allowed to peacefully protest in any way you want as long as it's not harming anyone or anything and they're not.
    My suggestion is don't watch the athletes that come from backgrounds that have witnessed the injustices all of there lives and are now in a position to be noticed and are taking advantage of it if it hurts your feelings. My brothers all served in the military and I assure you, they agree that they fought for these players right to do EXACTLY what they're doing. The only one that doesn't is my 85 year old dad and that's because he's still racist and thinks ALL black people are on welfare. The reason we rarely speak anymore. It's sad when that is always the first thing out of his mouth. Fox News has consumed him and he's unbearable. It pisses me off that I can't have a conversation with him anymore without some regurgitated Fox news bull$%#@ being hurled at me. Even when I point out the inaccuracies and bogus crap, he still just denies and keeps ranting. He's definitely part of Trumps 30%.
    I have a question. Have you ever been to any football party at any bar or anywhere else that 'everyone' stops and takes off their hats and hand over their heart sings the National Anthem? If you say yes you're lying or go to some really small parties. Do you get mad at the ones that don't and leave? No, of course not. That makes you a hypocrite.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    So in your complete lack of brain function you say we should be more like N. Korea. You do now know why we think you're an idiot.
    You actually made the 'libtards' point for them moron. because we are not N. Korea. we are allowed to peacefully protest in any way you want as long as it's not harming anyone or anything and they're not.
    My suggestion is don't watch the athletes that come from backgrounds that have witnessed the injustices all of there lives and are now in a position to be noticed and are taking advantage of it if it hurts your feelings. My brothers all served in the military and I assure you, they agree that they fought for these players right to do EXACTLY what they're doing. The only one that doesn't is my 85 year old dad and that's because he's still racist and thinks ALL black people are on welfare. The reason we rarely speak anymore. It's sad when that is always the first thing out of his mouth. Fox News has consumed him and he's unbearable. It pisses me off that I can't have a conversation with him anymore without some regurgitated Fox news bull$%#@ being hurled at me. Even when I point out the inaccuracies and bogus crap, he still just denies and keeps ranting. He's definitely part of Trumps 30%.
    I have a question. Have you ever been to any football party at any bar or anywhere else that 'everyone' stops and takes off their hats and hand over their heart sings the National Anthem? If you say yes you're lying or go to some really small parties. Do you get mad at the ones that don't and leave? No, of course not. That makes you a hypocrite.
    Eh, don't worry too much about Chucky.

    He's the master of the one sentence comebacks.

    I don't think I've seen him create 2 sentences.

    He's the kid in jr high that did the "I know you are but what am I?" comeback.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    So in your complete lack of brain function you say we should be more like N. Korea. You do now know why we think you're an idiot.
    You actually made the 'libtards' point for them moron. because we are not N. Korea. we are allowed to peacefully protest in any way you want as long as it's not harming anyone or anything and they're not.
    My suggestion is don't watch the athletes that come from backgrounds that have witnessed the injustices all of there lives and are now in a position to be noticed and are taking advantage of it if it hurts your feelings. My brothers all served in the military and I assure you, they agree that they fought for these players right to do EXACTLY what they're doing. The only one that doesn't is my 85 year old dad and that's because he's still racist and thinks ALL black people are on welfare. The reason we rarely speak anymore. It's sad when that is always the first thing out of his mouth. Fox News has consumed him and he's unbearable. It pisses me off that I can't have a conversation with him anymore without some regurgitated Fox news bull$%#@ being hurled at me. Even when I point out the inaccuracies and bogus crap, he still just denies and keeps ranting. He's definitely part of Trumps 30%.
    I have a question. Have you ever been to any football party at any bar or anywhere else that 'everyone' stops and takes off their hats and hand over their heart sings the National Anthem? If you say yes you're lying or go to some really small parties. Do you get mad at the ones that don't and leave? No, of course not. That makes you a hypocrite.
    So my opinion means nothing to you? Who said anything about race. Why would I stand for the national anthem if Iím not at the game. Players need to play football. Protest on youre you are own time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •