Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Abu Garcia's Ambassadeur Blue Yonder Baitcast Reel! Cast Farther!

Default Abu Garcia's Ambassadeur Blue Yonder Baitcast Reel! Cast Farther!

Adjust Your Abu Garcia To Prevent Backlash & Cast Farther!

Abu Garcia's Blue Yonder 6500 & 7000 baitcast reels are known for making record long casts. If you adjust the spool tensioner, centrifugal & magnetic brakes correctly not only can you cast far but eliminate backlashes known as birdnesting. The unit i'm using is the Blue Yonder 7000 since this larger unit can hold more line (370yd of 50lb Jerry Brown braid) then the smaller 6500 unit.

If you set the spool tensioner correctly this will prevent backlashes. I lightly "finger tighten" the knob. To tight will limit the smooth release. To loose and the spool vibrates & the ratchet will engage during the cast.

The centrifugal control works together with the magnetic braking. Lower numbers match-up casting lighter items while the heavier weights require a larger number. I purposely use 3, 4, & 5 ounce lead banks & pyramid lead weights just to get an idea of the correct settings. If backlashing occurs i raise the numbers. So i lob & power cast each weight to get the numbers correct. If you set the numbers right expect long casting distances with no backlashes. You'll also be able to cast without using your thumb to slow the spool. Casting a conventional reel thumbless is a true blessing!

The Blue Yonder is one of many reels on the market that aids the angler for casting long distances. Reels that have open cage frames "CT frames" that allow thumb access & no level wind apparatus are key. Other reel models known for record casting are Daiwa Millionaire 7HT Mag (used by Danny Moeskops when he set the current world record), the Akios-666-MM3-Tourno, Abu Garcia's 6500 CT Mag Series & the PENN 525 Mag.

Other features that help in casting are-
    Using thinner diameter lines.
    Using aerodynamic-shaped lead weights.
    Casting long tapered "C-Bend" rated rods.
    Having the wind at your back.
    Practice. Practice. And yes, practice!

The goal for most shoreline casters are accuracy & casting far. Using the right gear is important. Strength & size of the angler means little, technique is everything. After a year of using different set-ups i found 13ft rods work the best for me with a rating of Medium/Heavy. I use a Daiwa 3-piece 13'3" Ballistic. Longer rods are either to heavy or have excessive "whiplash". Shorter rods aren't strong enough unless you up the rating to Heavy, even then it doesn't cast well.

So far i haven't hooked anything larger then 40lbs using the Blue Yonder 7K. The reel has handled Trevally, Barracuda, Ladyfish, Bonefish, Sharks & Rays. If you do get a large hook-up i recommend not using your thumb on the line. Rather slow the spool by "thumbing" the side of the exposed metal spool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR9uh3heOus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8653.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	50633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8646.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	50634  

You'd think 'spammers' would be a little more tactful than trying to post their ads on a dying website.

You'd also think admins would be quicker to spot this.

This is an educational video explaining the use of casting farther. Try to find another instructional video that fully explains the settings & goes into depth on the tensioner of Abu Garcia reels. I sent this to Abu Garcia & they are using this video on some of their sites now. Admins are smart enough to recognize Spammers. So i guess you're saying this website is dying because of the admins, according to you? And multi-million dollar fishing companies like Abu Garcia are stupid enough to use a Spammers educational video to help others understand how the unit functions as well? I've received a lot of messages telling me that this helped anglers understand how these functions work together. And how can this be my ad since i'm not sponsored by Abu? I've done vids featuring Penn, Shimano, Okuma, Water Wolf, LineDancer(who now uses my vids to promote their products), Rainbow Plastics(Tough Bubbles), etc. I receive no money from these companies for making educational vids for using their products. I see something like Breakaway Cannons that helps others, so i share my experiences with them. I even started several Google+ groups and FB groups just to invite others to share their knowledge. I lobby for fishermen's right to access State land to fish and because of that kept an entire beach open to the public when Parks & Rec tried to illegally shut it down to save money. Don't see why you're on a site that you don't respect the admins and that you view as dying. I see a lot of helpful information being shared here.

So, are your multi-site spamming efforts a form of proxy-advertising? Or are you hoping these companies will recognize your excellent shilling skills and offer you lucrative agreements?