Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I miss the old FNN

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    For me, too many of the people here would rather talk sh*t than talk fishing.

This is the only forum where I've posted my fishing reports/videos and been told I was both stupid and bad for the sport.

Apparently, I'm bad for the sport because I say where I'm fishing and that makes other people go there. Evidently I recently "burned" Dana Point harbor that way. Seriously? Dana Point is some sort of secret spot?

I've also been told I was stupid to go lobster fishing because it was a lot of work for nothing. So that's the mentality I've experienced here.

Oh yes, I'm also some sort of ego freak because I have a YouTube channel dedicated to my float tube fishing experiences.

I will continue to post my reports as I create them, but I don't come here for fun or camaraderie, because there doesn't seem to be any. Like I said, I think too many people here would rather talk sh*t than talk fishing.
    Screw them Bob!
    I love your videos.

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    This, this is great.

But seriously, “fact checking,” “presenting my evidence?” This is where you and I have to simply go our separate ways. I no longer look through the general discussion board because everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don’t want to read it anymore.

For the record, Mr. Tucker wins this debate. I don’t want to debate, just want to fish and hear about other’s trips. No need for “fact checking” and definitely don’t want to hear or read anyone “presenting their evidence” in an effort to win a debate.

Good luck out there guys and let’s start posting more reports.
    LMAO. Very well put sir!

Wow!! How quick this got moved to this section. Wasn’t there a time where this was a members only site? Didn’t we have at one time a private place for members when it went public? Didn’t we have a ton of moderaters to help control things? Where did it all go?

I unfortunately don’t get to fish as much as I like but am working on changing that. Even though my las report was a skunk trip, I reported anyways.

I have seen in my short time people get bashed for keeping there legal limits (even though I practice c&r with some species). It’s there legal right to. I have seen many share their hot spots and claim they get jacked. Not doubting that either. Been out many times to see people on good spots that I would normally hit, however I don’t own the water just have the privilege to use it. It also makes me search for new spots and and learn. Catching is great, but for me when you can count on catching at a particular spot religiously it gets boring for me. I’d rather work on trying to get hooked up in new area I find that I know is holding fish.

I agree to disagree with many things but respect everyone’s views. That’s what makes this world unique. If everyone thought like me and agreed, how boring. I have many, friends, colleagues and clientele all across the board and I respect their beliefs as I do for the rest of you. We all can make a difference but the reality is regardless of the world and politics we have to find ways to make it work to make it work to our advantage. I’m no philosopher, but rather than spend negative energy I’d rather spend positive energies to enjoy life.

I guess in short inthe past this thread wouldn’t of got moved. The member asked about fishing reports in the fishing section and it got moved here.

I posted in this section a while back and it was suggested that I put my post in the section that this member originally put theirs. I even apologized as I was not trying to start anything.

My fellow member into miss the many reports and pics coming in. I realize many may have moved on to wherever for whatever reason and that’s there choice. Keep posting as time allows.

So it's a prime example,
    I posted this thread on the general freshwater board because I do more freshwater fishing.
    It got moved to the quagga board.
    My post had nothing to do with politics.
    Put it back where it belongs. The old FNN wouldnt move it here.
    This venue is for trolls who don't fish.
    I miss When FNN was about fishing. Some a hole decided to move it to our political board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    So it's a prime example,
    I posted this thread on the general freshwater board because I do more freshwater fishing.
    I miss When FNN was about fishing. Some a hole decided to move it to our political board.
    In fairness to whom every moved this thread to the GD section. Your title and your 3 opening lines (especially line 2 made it look like it belonged in the GD section)

Cheer up though. I think you got a desired effect!!! Several members said they are going to try to write up more of their fishing adventures. Also the proof is in the pudding, look at the amounts of fish reports given "since" you posted this thread. It equaled or passed what was given in the previous 3 weeks.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-28-2018 at 09:23 AM.

So it's a prime example,
    I miss When FNN was about fishing.
    Your arguments lost any validity the moment you opened the thread with:

Or on this fishing site are we focused on the government shut down?
    And oh yeah:

Some a hole decided to move it to our political board.
    "Some a hole", huh? Glad to hear your support for the admins.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345