Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I miss the old FNN

I'll give my final answer too.

People rejected my conspiracy theory. (that's ok)

But what people do accept as why things are a little slower on here is the following.

1. 3 pay lakes closed as being pay lakes and thus we no longer get reports from them.

2. Reduced trout stockings makes for less reports.

3. People don't have as much time to fish as they use too!!!

There is your consensus of why they are less fish reports on FNN then there use to be.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-23-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Nobody posts anything that’s the problem. Nobody wants to get their spots or tricks jacked. If you post a report it gets 2500 views and 3 replies. Then there are no reports for a month. The whole political thing has nothing to do with fishing reports. Who gives a F$$k what your political beliefes are that don’t catch fish, or stop you from posting your fishing report. If you guys want to finger pop each others assholes about who is better a lib or conservative take it to some political forum. Every couple months a thread pops up like this hell I posted 1 just a few months back. Why not start replying to threads like thanks or nice fish or anything. When people post and they get replies it feels like you’ve accomplished something. But to have no replies and to get it hijacked by some political wacko turns people off.
    Last edited by phelanfisher; 01-23-2018 at 10:36 AM.

I am guilty of not posting reports, because of the way a lot of the posts got hijacked into a political argument, or if someone responded that someone else didn't like a war of ugly words broke out, to the point that some threads were locked, or completely eliminated. Darkshadow has shown in this thread how the same old political garbage has crept into this post, and he is spot on about the lack of moderating from the administrators as well. We all have different political viewpoints, and trying to establish your political point, on a fishing site is pointless, and diminishes the validity of the site itself. I have met several really cool folks because of this website, and have gotten to know them while fishing together, or chatting in line before the lakes open. We dont agree on everything, but what we do agree on, is that we enjoy fishing together, a time when all the crap can be put aside. The camaraderie on this site has vanished, so have the get togethers, the surf events or the striper events etc. Heck, there are even some folks, who in my estimation, have never posted a fishing report, but are quick to interject nasty remarks, throwing out wolf cookies, trying to start a fight.... I am too old for all of that, plus it defeats the purpose of this site itself. The most prolific posters on this site have all been banned, or just left the site, or just lurk. And I am in no way condoning the actions that led to them being banished. Heck, if properly moderated, those threads never would have gotten that far out of control in the first point, or better yet, if we all stuck to fishing reports, it never would have occurred in the first place...... If I want to watch, and or listen to folks argue and fight, all I have to do is turn on any news network, I dont have time for that at home, and I sure dont have time for it here................. I though a while back there was a movement on this site to put all of the non fishing BS into the general discussion section, for all of those who felt it necessary to fight and verbally attack one another, but that either never came to fruition, or was never enforced.....Maybe if we just got back to fishing, and networking with each other for that purpose, this site could return to the fun place it was in the past................Dave

Quote Originally Posted by phelanfisher View Post
    Why not start replying to threads like thanks or nice fish or anything.
    Yes,YES. Let’s all start trying to do this!! Well said!!

Mr. Tucker, please, PLEASE give this piece of advice a chance. Just say, “nice fish” or “congrats on the fish.” Politics do NOT matter!

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    Yes,YES. Let’s all start trying to do this!! Well said!!

Mr. Tucker, please, PLEASE give this piece of advice a chance. Just say, “nice fish” or “congrats on the fish.” Politics do NOT matter!
    Me personally I try to leave politics out of any fish report.

I was just merely trying to answer the question that keeps being brought up!! (playing nice together really is the key!!!)

Some pics too would
    Be nice!!!Lol.. J/k..

Cm

Quote Originally Posted by phelanfisher View Post
    Nobody posts anything that’s the problem. Nobody wants to get their spots or tricks jacked. If you post a report it gets 2500 views and 3 replies. Then there are no reports for a month. The whole political thing has nothing to do with fishing reports. Who gives a F$$k what your political beliefes are that don’t catch fish, or stop you from posting your fishing report. If you guys want to finger pop each others assholes about who is better a lib or conservative take it to some political forum. Every couple months a thread pops up like this hell I posted 1 just a few months back. Why not start replying to threads like thanks or nice fish or anything. When people post and they get replies it feels like you’ve accomplished something. But to have no replies and to get it hijacked by some political wacko turns people off.
    Let me address the no reply part. It's not like your fish report isn't read and enjoyed by hundreds of people. (it is) But the non members to members is 25 or more to 1. That's why people get only a limited amount of reply's.

The 300 lbs Gorilla in the room that no one wants to talk about is peoples paranoia about burning spots. (you could have a whole thread on that one)

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    Some pics too would
    Be nice!!!Lol.. J/k..

Cm
    For you Mike,

Every time I'm going to go Crappie fishing, I'll be sure to take some pictures of the catch!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    ...(you could have a whole thread on that one)
    Please, God. No!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Please, God. No!
    I'm with you on that one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast