Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss the old FNN

Default I miss the old FNN

3 reports since the 10th, today is the 21st.
    Any comments? Or on this fishing site are we focused on the government shut down?
    It is The fishing news network. Is anyone fishing on this site?

i dont put my skunks up but i go to castaic as much as i can. im on banks though and at lagoon i dont think i can get deep enough in my light gear i take on motorcycle. and the upper is always a pain from the shore at this time of year. as soon as it warms up hopefully the fishing will be on for me again. well soon the fishing will be turned on everywhere. i still go when its tough because you can catch some monsters when its cold if you get lucky.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 01-21-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    3 reports since the 10th, today is the 21st.
    Any comments? Or on this fishing site are we focused on the government shut down?
    It is The fishing news network. Is anyone fishing on this site?
    Inshore saltwater is really good ... 1 angler... less than 3 hrs ... 20 sand/calico bass 2-4 lbs class ... NO KOOKS ... awesome days! anything 40++ feet of water over some structure ... All plastics with needle to fizz fish! Pretty much anywhere along the SoCal coastline is good right now. Be respectful to others and enjoy yourself!

I too have noticed how slow things have gotten around here. I do surf the other fishing websites on Facebook where several former loud mouths on here went. I was accused of having an IQ of 100 around here by a long time member. (which is ok) But when I make comments on the Facebook fishing websites, I'm truly the smartest guy in the room!!! FNN from a standpoint of reports and knowledge is on a college level. Facebook fishing websites on the other hand are written to the level of about a 4th grader's level minus the pictures. It's not as if there isn't any knowledgeable people on there. Boat owners and Captains are on there and even my "nemesis" the former editor of W.O.N. is there.

Which brings up the point I want to make. The Editor of W.O.N. in his editorials was a Russ Limbaugh clone. Saying things like the Heartland of America is where the true sportsman live and work. Excuse me, but I'm a "Californian" and proud of it!!! Maybe though (cat break) Zoey jumped on my lap.

I'm back

Maybe the Editor of W.O.N. was on to something. He felt the people most interested in Hunting & Fishing have a Conservative leaning in their politics. If that is the case, the best environment for them is for the Dems to control things so they can complain about everything but not have to offer any real solutions.

If you buy that argument, it's all "Obama's fault" this website is slower then it use to be. How can it be Obama's fault when he is no longer President???? Exactly!!!! He is no longer President, we now have President Trump. Other then him goosing the economy (he did hurt California) how can you defend Trump??? You really can't and other members know this and left or greatly reduced their participation on here.

What does that have to do about fishing and fish reports you might be wondering??? Politics do work their way into fishing reports and discussions. (that's just human nature) People also don't like to be embarrassed!!! So if you ever said things politically on here or even hinted at it, which many members did. Where are you now with Trump??? He's pretty hard to defend!! So it's just easier to reduce your participation on this website instead!!!

That's just my opinion, but if you go back and see when Trump got elected. I bet you can see a slow down in the activity on here from then on.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-22-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I too have noticed how slow things have gotten around here. I do surf the other fishing websites on Facebook where several former loud mouths on here went. I was accused of having an IQ of 100 around here by a long time member. (which is ok) But when I make comments on the Facebook fishing websites, I'm truly the smartest guy in the room!!! FNN from a standpoint of reports and knowledge is on a college level. Facebook fishing websites are written to the level of about a 4th grade level minus the pictures. It's not as if they isn't any knowledgeable people on there. Boat owners and Captains are on there and even my "nemesis" the former editor of W.O.N.

Which brings up the point I want to make. The Editor of W.O.N. in his editorials was a Russ Limbaugh clone. Saying things like the Heartland of America is where the true sportsman live and work. Excuse me, but I'm a "Californian" and proud of it!!! Maybe though (cat break) Zoey jumped on my lap.

I'm back

Maybe the Editor of W.O.N. was on to something. He felt the people most interested in Hunting & Fishing have a Conservative leaning in their politics. If that is the case, the best environment for them is for the Dems to control things so they can complain about everything but not have to offer any real solutions.

If you buy that argument, it's all "Obama's fault" this website is slower then it use to be. How can it be Obama's fault when he is no longer President???? Exactly!!!! He is no longer President, we now have President Trump. Other then him goosing the economy (he did hurt California) how can you defend Trump??? You really can't and other members know this and left or greatly reduced their participation on here.

That's just my opinion, but if you go back and see when Trump got elected. I bet you can see a slow down in the activity on here from then on.
    Facebook pretty much IS for adolescence type mentality and for people over 70 years of age! Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Facebook pretty much IS for adolescence type mentality and for people over 70 years of age! Just saying.
    That is the competition for FNN!! Let's do a Rebirth of FNN and start writing up more of peoples fishing adventures. I'll be writing one this week, I encourage other to do the same!!!

The state of pay to fish lakes along with the lack of trout stocks has had an affect on the contributions to this page also. Many of the more seasoned anglers don't really enjoy the social network side of fishing. Seasoned is a code word for older by the way. Also on the other end of the spectrum is the younger anglers that FNN is kind of a dinosaur to and they use other sources for communication.

Everybody tries to make more of it than it really is, times are a chang'n and while I don't always like the changes there ain't much we can do about it. Besides it's much better to actually go fishing than it is to read about it on the Internet.

I posted this because this site is how I pick where to go. I hit Wolford with the wife and kids during their Christmas break, only fished it for a few hours for the skunk. The kid got bored because there weren't any rocks to throw in the boat. Left early, like Jdogg I didn't post a skunk report, but I have in the past. I'll try that lake again, maybe leave the kid at home and fish it harder. Last year I didn't fish much, so the license was barely used. I'm going to get my money's worth out of this years license.

I recently joined this site with the intent to post fishing reports for castaic, as I am there pretty often. Five years ago, I would come here religiously to see reports. They were real world reports unlike other sites that would be a copy/paste from the previous week. Then, people stopped posting. I decided to join and put in my 2 cents with the hope that fellow fisherman would follow suit. Now one needs to post their secret spot or secret techniques, even a simple "this is what didn't work" would help. I wish I had that type of guidance when I first began angling. The hope is to help others, specially beginners, join and enjoy our great sport.
    Fishing report to follow.....

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The state of pay to fish lakes along with the lack of trout stocks has had an affect on the contributions to this page also. Many of the more seasoned anglers don't really enjoy the social network side of fishing. Seasoned is a code word for older by the way. Also on the other end of the spectrum is the younger anglers that FNN is kind of a dinosaur to and they use other sources for communication.

Everybody tries to make more of it than it really is, times are a chang'n and while I don't always like the changes there ain't much we can do about it. Besides it's much better to actually go fishing than it is to read about it on the Internet.
    Better to go fishing then read about it on the Internet!! (True in a perfect world) But we don't live in a perfect world, so what's the next best thing??? Hef, sure made a nice living on the next best thing didn't he???? lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-22-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast