Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I miss the old FNN

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Please, God. No!
    You guy's are no fun!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-23-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    the non members to members is 25 or more to 1.

The 300 lbs Gorilla in the room that no one wants to talk about is peoples paranoia about burning spots. (you could have a whole thread on that one)
    Then, let’s fix the low ratio. No more bringing politics into the fishing forums, just give guys positive feedback on all of the reports.

And, as far as the gorilla goes, paranoia.....?? Really?? I apologize Mr. Tucker but I have to disagree.

I couldn’t care less if people are fishing the same spots that I know of at any of the local lakes. I enjoy seeing people catch fish. I, and I’m sure a lot of other people have, given away gear repeatedly at the lake. When talking to people, if I’m having a good day and they’re not, I routinely give them packages of plastics or lures that I’ve had success on. Then flat out tell them where to go and how to fish the baits.

I take kids out, CONSTANTLY. Other adults and co-workers who don't know how to fish as well. Do you think I take them out and give them baits I have no confidence in? Take them to places I’ve never fished before? The whole goal is to get these guys and their kids on some fish.

The gorilla is simply guys getting clowned on the forums. Being told their fish “doesn’t look like a 4 pounder” or “check their scale,” etc. As mentioned above, having their thread jacked and so on. Sharing info? Not an issue. Being embarrassed, ALWAYS an issue.

Let’s stay classy FNN!!
    Last edited by bass413; 01-23-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    Then, let’s fix the low ratio. No more bringing politics into the fishing forums, just give guys positive feedback on all of the reports.

And, as far as the gorilla goes, paranoia.....?? Really?? I apologize Mr. Tucker but I have to disagree.

I couldn’t care less if people are fishing the same spots that I know of at any of the local lakes. I enjoy seeing people catch fish. I, and I’m sure a lot of other people have, given away gear repeatedly at the lake. When talking to people, if I’m having a good day and they’re not, I routinely give them packages of plastics or lures that I’ve had success on. Then flat out tell them where to go and how to fish the baits.

I take kids out, CONSTANTLY. Other adults and co-workers who don't know how to fish as well. Do you think I take them out and give them baits I have no confidence in? Take them to places I’ve never fished before? The whole goal is to get these guys and their kids on some fish.

The gorilla is simply guys getting clowned on the forums. Being told their fish “doesn’t look like a 4 pounder” or “check their scale,” etc. As mentioned above, having their thread jacked and so on. Sharing info? Not an issue. Being embarrassed, ALWAYS an issue.

Let’s stay classy FNN!!
    I should have been a Lawyer!!! lol

I love fact checking and then presenting my evidence. I also truly do like to try to understand where people are coming from and act accordingly. First I totally agree, "in a fish report there is no place for any political discussions." It should be totally all about the fishing!!! However, people bring up all the time that political statements get into the fish reports and derail the whole thing.

So I just looked it up to see how often that happens.

I started from the top and went back 6 months in each Lake section. I was only going to do a random sample, so I thought 20 fish reports should be enough to get a feel, about how often does politics make their way into a fish report. Other then the W.O.N. Big Bear tournament, where your's truly complained about W.O.N. No other political remarks were made in any fish report!!! I know 20 fish reports isn't all the reports but it's probably fair to say, "it's not a wide spread problem!!"

Now when it comes to full disclosure in a fish report. I write a ton of fish reports and always give full disclosure!!! But I do remember people who complain about a spot or lake being burned by a fish report on here.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-23-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Now when it comes to full disclosure in a fish report. I write a ton of fish reports and always give full disclosure!!!
    This, this is great.

But seriously, “fact checking,” “presenting my evidence?” This is where you and I have to simply go our separate ways. I no longer look through the general discussion board because everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don’t want to read it anymore.

For the record, Mr. Tucker wins this debate. I don’t want to debate, just want to fish and hear about other’s trips. No need for “fact checking” and definitely don’t want to hear or read anyone “presenting their evidence” in an effort to win a debate.

Good luck out there guys and let’s start posting more reports.
    Last edited by bass413; 01-23-2018 at 09:25 PM.

For me, too many of the people here would rather talk sh*t than talk fishing.

This is the only forum where I've posted my fishing reports/videos and been told I was both stupid and bad for the sport.

Apparently, I'm bad for the sport because I say where I'm fishing and that makes other people go there. Evidently I recently "burned" Dana Point harbor that way. Seriously? Dana Point is some sort of secret spot?

I've also been told I was stupid to go lobster fishing because it was a lot of work for nothing. So that's the mentality I've experienced here.

Oh yes, I'm also some sort of ego freak because I have a YouTube channel dedicated to my float tube fishing experiences.

I will continue to post my reports as I create them, but I don't come here for fun or camaraderie, because there doesn't seem to be any. Like I said, I think too many people here would rather talk sh*t than talk fishing.

I am honestly one who lurks the boards more than contributes. Ive been here on and off for a few years and have gotten a lot out of these boards. I chime in when I feel I know something that may help and post a report pretty much only after a kick ***** outing... so not very often. And even tho I enjoy a good report and pics, im probably not gonna post "good job" in every report. But, I think a good idea would be to have like buttons in the posts. That way we can all say good job and leave the responses to those interested in that topic(or particular fish/spot/tackle info).

Too bad this if only local fishing forum for SoCal. I used to enjoy this site a lot. I don't post fishing report here because I live in private lake and I don't want anyone to complain about me showing off my catch. I enjoy fishing report so I know what you catch them on, deep or shallow, what type of structure etc not to steal anybody's spot. I know a lot of people report because they want to show their catch, me included, but why bother if you only get a hateful or none response.

I agree 100% seal.
    Things are changing and in my personal situation. When i can only fish every 4-6 weeks on a weekend and keep getting get skunked, just not much to talk about.
    Still trying, just nothing to report, but I guess to keep the posts up I could just post 'fished DVL and caught nothing on everything'.

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post

Let’s stay classy FNN!!
    While I agree with most of what you said Bass413, I do agree that posts can make your spot a little sketchy sometimes.
    Just a few months ago a guy caught a double digit at DVL and as soon as the post hit the lake went from 20 boats one Saturday to over a hundred the next with a 2 hour wait just to launch. Luckily DVL can handle it on the water (not the marina and tackle shop), but I can tell you it did not help the fishing. I will post when I have something to post because I know that most bass fisherman that fish DVL and Perris like we do already know the spots, so I usually just post numbers, size and baits anyways. You have to leave them with a little homework to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
    Too bad this if only local fishing forum for SoCal. I used to enjoy this site a lot. I don't post fishing report here because I live in private lake and I don't want anyone to complain about me showing off my catch. I enjoy fishing report so I know what you catch them on, deep or shallow, what type of structure etc not to steal anybody's spot. I know a lot of people report because they want to show their catch, me included, but why bother if you only get a hateful or none response.
    I would love to see what you're catching JJ. I can handle it, I promise!
    Love seeing beautiful fish, regardless of where they where caught.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast