Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss the old FNN

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    3 reports since the 10th, today is the 21st.
    Any comments? Or on this fishing site are we focused on the government shut down?
    It is The fishing news network. Is anyone fishing on this site?
    Plenty of people are fishing but it almost isn't worth putting up a post anymore. It took all of three replies for this thread to go to politics. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Plenty of people are fishing but it almost isn't worth putting up a post anymore. It took all of three replies for this thread to go to politics. Enough said.
    Absolutely ENOUGH SAID!! Couldn’t agree more Marley.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    You can thanks eTucks for that one. I was gonna rip him a new one, but had better things to do. I expected "The Others" to step up, but they're on at least, a 4 year vacation.

In any case, perhaps the downfall of the site is because even the admins themselves have given up.

There's so many cases of obvious Spam going on here, but hey, who cares. It seems that the Titanic has already struck the iceberg.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...!-Cast-Farther!

I remember back in the day when those threads where eliminated immediately.

"I miss the old FNN."

People keep asking the same question over and over again about what happened on here???

So far the only good explanation was the Pay lakes closed!!! Ok that's true but what about all the other reports???

Nobody has any explanation for them!!!

I gave my opinion, enough said!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-22-2018 at 02:39 PM.

OK, reality check, Part 1. Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I was accused of having an IQ of 100 around here by a long time member. (which is ok) But when I make comments on the Facebook fishing websites, I'm truly the smartest guy in the room!!!
    Wow, and modest too!

FNN from a standpoint of reports and knowledge is on a college level. Facebook fishing websites on the other hand are written to the level of about a 4th grader's level minus the pictures.
    College level? 4th grader's level? I think it's a mix of both, depending on who's opening their mouth.

Maybe the Editor of W.O.N. was on to something. He felt the people most interested in Hunting & Fishing have a Conservative leaning in their politics. If that is the case, the best environment for them is for the Dems to control things so they can complain about everything but not have to offer any real solutions.

If you buy that argument, it's all "Obama's fault" this website is slower then it use to be. How can it be Obama's fault when he is no longer President????
    Wait, you brought Obama in the mix? This has NOTHING to do with Obama, unless DockRat, HawgzLoco, or Devore had posted something in this thread in order for you to retort. But how on earth do you bring Obama into the mix? Jesus on a christ.

Exactly!!!! He is no longer President, we now have President Trump.
    Exactly, eTucks. Then why even bring him up?!

What does that have to do about fishing and fish reports you might be wondering???
    Nobody is wondering, but please enlighten us, IQ 100:

Politics do work their way into fishing reports and discussions. (that's just human nature) People also don't like to be embarrassed!!! So if you ever said things politically on here or even hinted at it, which many members did. Where are you now with Trump??? He's pretty hard to defend!! So it's just easier to reduce your participation on this website instead!!!
    Gen Disc is down there, eTucks. Nobody brought politics onto this thread until you did.

That's just my opinion, but if you go back and see when Trump got elected. I bet you can see a slow down in the activity on here from then on.
    Trump? Go check on who brought politics first onto the thread.

Thanks, Tucks. You're better off giving us reports on Wolford than opening your mouth about politics outside the GenDisc thread. You've become the Reverse DockRat, without even knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    OK, reality check, Part 1. Let us begin.

Wow, and modest too!

College level? 4th grader's level? I think it's a mix of both, depending on who's opening their mouth.

Wait, you brought Obama in the mix? This has NOTHING to do with Obama, unless DockRat, HawgzLoco, or Devore had posted something in this thread in order for you to retort. But how on earth do you bring Obama into the mix? Jesus on a christ.

Exactly, eTucks. Then why even bring him up?!

Nobody is wondering, but please enlighten us, IQ 100:

Gen Disc is down there, eTucks. Nobody brought politics onto this thread until you did.

Trump? Go check on who brought politics first onto the thread.

Thanks, Tucks. You're better off giving us reports on Wolford than opening your mouth about politics outside the GenDisc thread. You've become the Reverse DockRat, without even knowing it.
    What's the answer's then???

I gave the "copy from the winners answer." Western Outdoor News is by far the most successfully Hunting & Fishing Publication in the Southern California area. I'll even quote Deve for this answer. Hillary got an over whelming amount of her votes for President from Southern CA. Yet W.O.N. panders to the "Hard Right" in politics to their sportsman audience. Are they stupid??? The majority of Southern CA voters voted for Hillary, yet they come off as an Russ Limbaugh protege. I trust them to have done their research and realize the sportsman that comprise their target audience are predominately Hard Core Conservatives.

Now back to this same question that keeps getting asked on here.

What happened to all the Fish reports and general fishing discussions that use to be on here all the time. My answer is, "the people started leaving when Trump got elected President." (which then caused a chain reaction of people leaving) Those Conservatives on here no longer felt comfortable because the only people who were left were Progressives, middle of the roaders and Independents. Not the old guard who were mostly Conservatives!!! (Birds of a feather do like to flock together.) But when the old guard felt they flew like Eagles on here, now there is only Turkeys left behind, so they all bailed on this web site.

That is just my opinion but why not just ask the people themselves, on why they don't post fish reports on here anymore. Someone who chimed in today, use to post a lot of fish reports in the past. In checking the record, he hasn't posted one since last March. (I wonder why???)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-22-2018 at 06:27 PM.

I thought it was because I moved ........lol

I gave the copy the winners answer. Western Outdoor News is by far the most successfully Hunting & Fishing Publication in the Southern California area. I'll even quote Deve for this answer. Hillary got any over whelming amount of her votes for President from Southern CA. Yet W.O.N. panders to the "Hard Right" in politics to their sportsman audience. Are they stupid??? The majority of Southern CA voters voted for Hillary, yet they come off as an Russ Limbaugh protege. I trust them to have done their research and realize the sportsman that comprise their target audience are Hard Core Conservatives.

Now back to this same question that keeps getting asked on here.

What happened to all the Fish reports and general fishing discussions that use to be on here all the time. My answer is, "the people started leaving when Trump became President." (which then caused a chain reaction of people leaving) They no longer felt comfortable on here because the only people left were Progressives, middle of the roaders and Independents. Not the old guard who were mostly Conservatives!!! (Birds of a feather like to flock together.) But when the old guard felt they flew like Eagles on here, now there is only Turkeys left they bailed on this web site.

That is just my opinion but why not just ask the people. Why don't some people post fish reports on here any more??? Someone who chimed in today, use to post a lot of fish reports. In checking he hasn't posted one since last March. (I wonder why???)
    I preferred your original Cliff Note's response.

....(I wonder why???)
    I don’t have time to fish like I used to so reading about it is as good as it gets for me right now. And when I read about it and the third reply jumps ridiculously into politics I just don’t want to play.
    Last edited by Marley; 01-23-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Who cares?

That's my final answer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast