Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Wear a life jacket or don't go

Default Wear a life jacket or don't go

After hearing the tragic news from the Costa tournament. Keep this in mind. There's no excuse not to wear a life jacket on the water! That is the most important thing in your boat. It can safe your life.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishon View Post
    After hearing the tragic news from the Costa tournament. Keep this in mind. There's no excuse not to wear a life jacket on the water! That is the most important thing in your boat. It can safe your life.
    I agree 100 % on wearing a life jacket, but I don't see what it has to do with the Costa tournament. Nik Kaylor was wearing a full zip up life jacket!

Agreed,I always also carried a full wetsuit on all my skIffs,I heard a story where a couple of divers boat sank and they survived in very cold water for many hours,rescuers said no way they would have survived that temperature without those wetsuits they were wearing,be safe people!

Cya Tuna Vic

Stripping down to slide on a wetsuit on in a emergency would be tuff . The PDF may have not helped the fisherman in that boat crash . But it certainly didn’t hurt , it only added to his safety gear . Crashing at speed on the water is a very scary event . Float plan / PDF’s / dead man’s switch / hand held radio all should be considered . I feel bad for this man’s tragedy and his families loss . There’s not one fish or prize worth what he paid with his life .