Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 16jan18

Default 16jan18

First time out on the water this year, have not fished since Nov at DV. Our original plan was to hit DV but forgot they were closed on Mondays so we went to small water. Took out my son in laws dad from the UK for some stripers. Got to the lake around 7:30 and only couple of boats in the parking lot. Water was glassy 52F metered fish in the main channel 20-28', made a couple of passes and headed to north side. We used white flies and had a nice hit md lake actually snapped the line and we lossed it. Water is not flowing in, lake level is up. Later in the morning we found some on the south side in 63' staged 25-30 lots of small fish. A beautiful day on the water fishing in Jan 75 degrees.

Skinner size lol

I don't know if this was more than last year since I may only fish this place once or twice a year

Hey Vince! Good to hear no skunk on your boat. Nice weather, light traffic and quality time with the family.

Vince, It's good to hear you got out on the water and good job with the jailbirds!

Default Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Vince, It's good to hear you got out on the water and good job with the jailbirds!
    Hey Vince that 20 dollar special event was a good deal
    Most of the time it cost 17 dollars to enter , launch and fish but on this day you could bring as many people that fit into your car and fish for 20 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hey Vince! Good to hear no skunk on your boat. Nice weather, light traffic and quality time with the family.
    I would like to fish more hop fully this year will be better opportunity
    I’m a new grandpa so I’m looking forward to start him off on the DR!
    Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    When your out this way give me a holler
    Quote Originally Posted by Askwhy View Post
    Hey Vince that 20 dollar special event was a good deal
    Most of the time it cost 17 dollars to enter , launch and fish but on this day you could bring as many people that fit into your car and fish for 20 bucks
    Yea that was cool Thx