Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Hat Trick 1/5/18

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Castaic Hat Trick 1/5/18

Hi all,
    My first post here.
    Just wanted to share Friday's catch at castaic lake.
    First thing in the morning hooked up on a nice 20 inch LMB using drop shot robo off a Rocky point, about 20ft. Nice fatty.
    Moved to another Rocky point and using the same drop shot with different color robo, hooked up on a Small mouth bass. This was at 35ft deep on a Rocky bed.
    After that went searching for schools of stripers. Metered a school at about 80ft. Used a Hopkins shorty spoon. I missed a few strikes. I might have been fishing it too fast. Slowed it down and got hit. I lost the first fish at the boat, forgot my net at home. 10 mins later, got hit again, same jig. This time i fough it good enough to tire it out and have a better chance. I was able to land it. Nice 6lb 8oz striper.
    This was done before noon on a beautiful day.
    I'm at castaic quite often and will try to report when I can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180105_103208.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	50585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180105_152940.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	50584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180105_112853.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	50586  

hell ya ive got a hat trick from the banks once so its not as easy as people think. even with a boat. but good job. ive noticed over the past few weeks bass are actually a little active between like 7-9am.. actually chasing some small 1" fish around near the shore.

Close to sundown has also been productive for the LMB at the back of coves. Usually picks up right when the lifeguards do their closing announcement. Unweighted flukes and wackied rigged robo work well. They are still chasing bait at the back of coves. Water temp has stayed relatively warm compared to previous years.

congrats on the hat trick!
    all fish look healthy!

thanks for sharing'

Very nice trifecta!!!