Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 9 crabs with one stone...NEWPORT 911

Default 9 crabs with one stone...NEWPORT 911

had to go drop off my Samsung bluray player to get fix, it broke after a firmware update, so being that I was heading towards LA coastal area... I packed 2 poles and a hoop net to KILL some crabs with one stone. After dropping the unit in the LBC, headed out to Coasta Mesa for some PUPUSAS at El Chinaco. MMM, PUPUSAS, hehehe.... Full and ready to assault the pier, got to Newport Pier to temps into the 50s, it was slightly windy, the crows that was there was light to medium with most congregating at the very end of the pier, most of which where targeting Macks using Luckys... some getting lucky on catching some Sculps. I started fishing and crabbing the south side of the pier, baited the hoop's pouch for I had 4goten my bait cages. A local native to the pier came around to sell me 7-10 small crabs for $7 of which I pleasantly reply that I wasn't interested. For some reason the water was way out deep... seem to reach the bottom fast. I was experimenting with a pulley system that I been mimicking from others establish ideas. My first pull at a 20 minute interval reveal crabs of which I don't really dont know the species but have tried eating about 6 years ago , fried with beer... they are purplish blue and have seldom seem them like the size I was getting them today. Aside from the native trying to sell me some crabs, I was the only other angler targeting crabs. My intentions where just to load up on Macks for future Lobster trips, but the Macks weren't really biting. My rig for Macks kept attracting crabs... Later on caught a few more biguns of my unclassified spieces and 2 big Reds. 2 hours Later my next stop call to let me know if I was going to pick up the Homebrew system that I came accros Craigs List. Packing up the gear I Killed more than I few crabs with one stone.... THe home brew system had me excited along with the compliments of the native pier isian telling a good recipe for crabs and complimenting me on my catch.... Well, do to our economy my only options are to be very efficient and take advantages of every trip to their fullest....It was fun....even though I didn;t have my boat with me this time.... plus the pulley worked!
    Last edited by madmax951; 11-15-2011 at 04:53 AM.

they where blue swimmer crabs... for i would launch my bait ...and before the bait hit the bottom...they where already attached.

Last edited by madmax951; 04-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.

nice....we...should never give up..... dont flip .... your...Lip.

"Blue Swimmer Crabs are widely distributed throughout the Indo-West Pacific region from east Africa to Japan, Tahiti and northern New Zealand. They are also present in the Mediterranean Sea. In Australia, Blue Swimmer Crabs inhabit coastal waters from the south coast of New South Wales, up and around to Perth in Western Australia."

im calling bs max

::: throwback :::

play/read

Nightmares On Wax_Flip Ya Lid

"had to go drop off my Samsung bluray player to get fix, it broke after a firmware update, so being that I was heading towards LA coastal area... I packed 2 poles and a hoop net to KILL some crabs with one stone. After dropping the unit in the LBC, headed out to Coasta Mesa for some PUPUSAS at El Chinaco. MMM, PUPUSAS, hehehe.... Full and ready to assault the pier, got to Newport Pier to temps into the 50s, it was slightly windy, the crows that was there was light to medium with most congregating at the very end of the pier, most of which where targeting Macks using Luckys... some getting lucky on catching some Sculps. I started fishing and crabbing the south side of the pier, baited the hoop's pouch for I had 4goten my bait cages. A local native to the pier came around to sell me 7-10 small crabs for $7 of which I pleasantly reply that I wasn't interested. For some reason the water was way out deep... seem to reach the bottom fast. I was experimenting with a pulley system that I been mimicking from others establish ideas. My first pull at a 20 minute interval reveal crabs of which I don't really dont know the species but have tried eating about 6 years ago , fried with beer... they are purplish blue and have seldom seem them like the size I was getting them today. Aside from the native trying to sell me some crabs, I was the only other angler targeting crabs. My intentions where just to load up on Macks for future Lobster trips, but the Macks weren't really biting. My rig for Macks kept attracting crabs... Later on caught a few more biguns of my unclassified spieces and 2 big Reds. 2 hours Later my next stop call to let me know if I was going to pick up the Homebrew system that I came accros Craigs List. Packing up the gear I Killed more than I few crabs with one stone.... THe home brew system had me excited along with the compliments of the native pier isian telling a good recipe for crabs and complimenting me on my catch.... Well, do to our economy my only options are to be very efficient and take advantages of every trip to their fullest....It was fun....even though I didn;t have my boat with me this time.... plus the pulley worked!
    Last edited by madmax951; 11-15-2011 at 04:53 AM."

without the music.... it got lost.

Last edited by Roy; 11-07-2021 at 11:29 PM. Reason: without the music.... it got lost.