Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: LIFE in 2018 .and still ALIVE::: nothing being caught....Lobsters not....consistent.

Default LIFE in 2018 .and still ALIVE::: nothing being caught.Lobsters not.consistent. H2O

::: play/ read.... to get my drift ::: ( an UNREHEARSED POEM)

'Nebulae' - Liquid Drum and Bass Mix

what the heck with these lobsters!! Don't see any one else catching or posting

:::: guess i'll have some cold ones and relax till they come out of hiding.... :::::
    Last edited by Roy; 11-07-2021 at 11:27 PM. Reason: keeping it simple

Hiding got old.... so i went for WAR (aka gold).....I placed the cold ones down and went out for a road trip.... Yucaipa to San Diego on a late ................

" A February nights Dream....... "

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180224_121347.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	52258

Barely Notice the Lobster Report card goes into the next year from the prior year

Name:	20180224_165508.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	52259

Here is the price for this year's 2018 fishing license plus ocean stamp (not that you need it for public piers)

Name:	20180224_180207.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	52260

Almost there, almost a two hour drive

Name:	20180224_194634.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	52261

But made a pit stop for 20% of sushi, bentos, sashimi late in the evenings at Marukai Japanese Market at Kerny Mesa( wish I had this store near me)

as we arrive, how soon did he leave, the LOCAL artist..... left his delicate work.... ::: not wanting... for sand to return to an unforgiving ocean....and yet, a statement.... at least for a brief moment... in time. :::

Name:	20180224_202426.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	52262

I metal detected underneath the pier and surrounding area with my Garrett, no luck... just two pennies

Name:	20180224_204636.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	52263

Barely any one here..... no one brave enough to weather... low 50s, ....I think it's colder in YUCAIPA

Name:	20180224_204740.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	52264

Some history on the pier

Name:	20180224_223900.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	52265

Catching really fresh bait for the hoop nets with green glow sticks, swivel, size 8 hooks, 10# line, and strips of squid.

Name:	20180224_221832.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	52266

First catch of the night, plenty of these..... any one know what this are called? beside small crabs. some one said to me before "Blue Swimmer Crabs are widely distributed throughout the Indo-West Pacific region from east Africa to Japan, Tahiti and northern New Zealand. They are also present in the Mediterranean Sea. In Australia, Blue Swimmer Crabs inhabit coastal waters from the south coast of New South Wales, up and around to Perth in Western Australia."

" im calling bs max, "

you got the mic.... i said i don't know.....speak!

Name:	20180224_224948.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	52267

"Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro' the house Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse", lol, jk, see! i had the whole end of the pier to myself

Name:	20180224_232345.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	52268

The man cave and some "cold ones" incognito.... this time at the pier

.............and after i had put the time and casting the nets trough out my general vicinity...2.5 to 3 hours....

::: I was at peace.... I was the pier, waves hit me, felt them... and ...became them ::::

"Release the Kraken!"

Name:	20180224_235728.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	52269

Look who wanted to party with me in my cozy man cave!!! no skunk for me hehehe

Not Consistent.....but they are out here, most all of them where too small to keep, only kept two that barely made it withing tolerance with the gauge.
    Had such a blast and kind off nice not to see the crowds of people that comes with warmer weather.

With less that a month to go before the season is over... I am definitely hooked again.

Thanks for reading and seeing....a picture is worth a thousand words

Name:	20180225_124008.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	52270

Cheers!!! (dude, stop looking at my cucumber!(behind the beers))

Name:	20180224_225440.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	52272

::: sometimes, we just procrastinate.... to get out here.... that empty seat....doesn't betray us, it's just waiting to be filled ::::

[cut scenes]

Name:	20180224_223856.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	52271

::: Levitation.....when time stops, ...... your sacrifice was not in vein, dear mackerel :::

::: from the tip of my pole...... to the vastness of the Pacific and stars!!!!! , the waves...in the horizon, soothe my soul:::
    Last edited by Roy; 09-27-2019 at 10:51 AM. Reason: fixing tinypics

Default pier hopping

went back the following weekend,

this time i started with Chula Vista Bayside park. I didn't really fish here just took a walk to the end of the small pier to get info on what was being caught there at the moment. 3 fisherman were fishing for mackerel and the sandy bottom. While there, saw a few stingrays come up for catch and release. I asked if they knew about good piers in the area for lobster with them mentioning Imperial Beach Pier being one of them.

Name:	20180304_202023.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	52273

a short 12 minutes later we where there. I was the only one out there with hoop nets. I once again baited the traps and set my rig up to catch more bait for them. Absolutely no action here....until my last pull.

Name:	20180304_212833.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	52274

Only caught this guy, battlefield tested with missing legs and one antenna. A keeper for my 1 hour session.

Later on. made it back to Ocean Beach Pier where there too another hour session commence and went, no luck at all with anything here this week. drop after drop...was empty...not even the small swimmer crabs.

Not consistent, packed up, and went back to the hotel I had reserve for free ice to keep my only catch chilled.
    Last edited by Roy; 09-27-2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: grammar,lol

:::play/ read ::: <this was inside my mind.....i just know >...SOME WHAT MAXXXED!!!! domo arigato gasaimasu.....

an with that......wasn't able to go for another session..... LIFE here on earth.... continues.... just a.little more insecure......

Groove Armada - Inside My Mind (Blue Skies)

we came....

we were...........

we are.........

(at least for this .............................short moment in time.......................and "i f**"nd LOVED IT"

...........no rules or shadow follow me...here... I was at peace... and all heart.

SEE YOU LOBSTER SEASON OCT 2018-2019

may you stay safe.............

to the.....................

:::MAXXXED:::

:::THIS WAS:::

Lobster 2017-2018
    Last edited by Roy; 11-07-2021 at 11:27 PM. Reason: wrong date

hypertherm
    Last edited by Roy; 03-23-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    :::play/ read ::: <this was inside my mind.....i just know >...SOME WHAT MAXXXED!!!! domo arigato gasaimasu.....

an with that......wasn't able to go for another session..... LIFE here on earth.... continues.... just a.little more insecure......

we came....

we were...........

we are.........

(at least for this .............................short moment in time.......................and "i f***e"nd LOVED IT"

...........no rules or shadow follow me...here... I was at peace... and all heart.

MY ONE LIFE to live........ :::: has already.....been lived, by some one That gave up..................:::: on us.

::: I just live for him, her, and them ............and ME NOW :::: .........................................you will be never :::BE:: missed!
    SEE YOU LOBSTER SEASON OCT 2017-2018

may you stay safe.............

to the.....................

:::MAXXXED:::

:::THIS WAS:::

Lobster 2017-2018

:::NOS VEMOS (i'll see you...) ......................mi hermano.... (my brother)::: how wack.USA...minus.....we CALIFORNIA///6th BEST..wait a moment....**** THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALIFORNIA SPINY LOBSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! 2017-18...."not consistent"..................wack i don't know you ::::YET:::: find me....in the oneshlefe life to live..... ...............6th LARGEST ECONONOMY PERIOD>>>> DONT RUN MARCOS AND DANIEL.......MAXXXED will come soon enough..........PERIOD...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    and with that....... i HOLD..... my thoughts... and no ONCE else's................................

just mine.............. technology got held back..with a 3 plus more.... "****, MY SPACE..sie ist imt......american...SIEN ai.... wo is,,,,,,choto..nitch mieneana.................bita ......... auf.. :::::::GIVE the US.323.HFPAIN...... :ask them for the PROTOCOL....."WE KILL MOTHER RUSSIA!!!!!

BRAVO: kill them... we being INFILTRATED.. DESTROY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

this is not a LAXXX..... command... DESTROY........................OUR ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!

6th LARGEST ECONOMY .....we nith ...taiwan...unt nitch auf the sweiss.... woher,,bist du alt... bist du auf.................... LATINO.....ja ora neine,,,,,,, wast ist lost..... cnc laser
    hypertherm

You might want to lose that f-bomb too.

GUILTY

yup, I totally lost there.....

that's why friends don't let other friends.... drink and write

damm you BUDICE!!!!!
    Last edited by Roy; 03-23-2018 at 05:24 PM.