Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trout stocking

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hopefully it takes off as much as the Snickers Bars stockings did at DVL, hey?

Kwin, when the DFG rep asks anglers at the dock what they've caught, are those reports being made public?

Silverwood creel report goes to DWR because they paid for it. Don't know where it goes from there.

DVL and Skinner creel report goes to MWD because they paid for it, but I give the marina (DVL) and RivCoParks (Skinner) courtesy copies for their information, as we collaborate on recreation at both lakes. DVL marina should have a copy onsite from 2016. Just finished compiling 2017 so it's going to be a while to analyze and write it up.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Silverwood creel report goes to DWR because they paid for it. Don't know where it goes from there.

DVL and Skinner creel report goes to MWD because they paid for it, but I give the marina (DVL) and RivCoParks (Skinner) courtesy copies for their information, as we collaborate on recreation at both lakes. DVL marina should have a copy onsite from 2016. Just finished compiling 2017 so it's going to be a while to analyze and write it up.
    So there is no easy way for the regular public to get their hands on creel reports?

I mean, it'd be nice to know how many trout that are stocked are actually caught by anglers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So there is no easy way for the regular public to get their hands on creel reports?

I mean, it'd be nice to know how many trout that are stocked are actually caught by anglers.
    Not as yet. Outreach was rumored to be working on a way to put that info online but I have not heard anything personally.

I can summarize the return rate for trout in general, the larger the water body the fewer are caught and less effort is expended in pursuit of them....at least in the IE where I have done angler surveys.

I'm curious to see how the BN's at Silverwood stack up in the angler surveys to the 20 years of RBT data from there. I have my hypothesis' about how they will, but we'll see what data tells.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    I'm curious to see how the BN's at Silverwood stack up in the angler surveys to the 20 years of RBT data from there. I have my hypothesis' about how they will, but we'll see what data tells.
    I'm very curious as well.

Considering that Silverwood was regarded as a good brown fishery back in the day, I'm also curious to see what these stocks will do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12