Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout stocking

Default Trout stocking

Interesting article. I use the trout stocking schedule to throw swimbaits, but...

DFW reveals depth of trout hatchery problems in SoCal

BY JIM MATTHEWS/Special to Western Outdoor News
    Published: Jan 02, 2018

http://www.wonews.com/t-FeatureArtic...ms_010218.aspx

Do you think we could get a refund on part of our fishing license...lol?

Thank you for the info

Old news but I love the part about the schedule being 2 months behind. Has anybody ever known of a government related contract that ever finished on time? By my count if work was SUPPOSED to be completed by September and they are now just thinking about getting fingerlings in there I think that 2 month number needs to be doubled, oh and does anybody actually believe "plantable" size trout can be grown from fingerling size in a month or 2, something fishy about that timeline, I wouldn't expect any sizeable and consistent stocking to take place till late spring, not Jim's fault it's the DFW supplying the info.. Completely predictable and completely preventable if the department really gave a rats backside about the trout stocking problems instead they are now focused on finding waters to eliminate from the public's use for fishing.

There are other rumors out there that I'm not going to speculate on the accuracy of but if accurate things could get interesting in at least one of So Cal's. reservoirs.

Welcome to California!
    Last edited by seal; 01-05-2018 at 12:53 PM.

billionaire texans think they can stop the next world record bass coming from castaic... wonder what the next bs story will be.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Has anybody ever known of a government related contract that ever finished on time?
    I do. Two years early and under budget.

http://www.bechtel.com/projects/hoover-dam/

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 01-06-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Harper View Post
    I do. Two years early and under budget.

http://www.bechtel.com/projects/hoover-dam/

John
    Funny John I worked with Bechtel in records management but it was years ago, not for Bechtel but as a vendor. Been a while since I saw that company's name.

Rumors confirmed. But I'm not gonna tell, seems word already has gotten out.....

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Rumors confirmed. But I'm not gonna tell, seems word already has gotten out.....
    1 lb Triploid BN as a substitute for RBT at Silverwood. Through June only so DWR can meet their FERC requirement. Enjoy!

kwin,

Once again Thank You for your post. It ends all of the speculation. Please keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    1 lb Triploid BN as a substitute for RBT at Silverwood. Through June only so DWR can meet their FERC requirement. Enjoy!
    Hopefully it takes off as much as the Snickers Bars stockings did at DVL, hey?

Kwin, when the DFG rep asks anglers at the dock what they've caught, are those reports being made public?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast