Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: SPEAKERS CORNER (Health Care)

Default SPEAKERS CORNER (Health Care)

This week I heard President Trump say, "Republicans & Dems need to come together and come up with some terrific Health Care for the American people." Whatever happened to Obama Care is a disaster and needs to be repealed and replaced. (Republican talking point for 8 years) Does he know something I don't know?? "YET!!" Oh crap I didn't get my Kaiser permanente Bill yet for Jan. I use Covered California to buy my Health Insurance. (ObamaCare) I'm in a panic thinking they didn't automatic renew my Health Insurance for 2018. I get on the phone to Covered CA and did find out they renewed my Insurance with Kaiser. Ok, but my January payment is due in a couple of day's and I haven't received it yet and need to pay it soon, otherwise I might get dropped. So I'm planning on driving down there to pay it, but instead my new Bill arrives in the mail today. I know they must have been waiting to see what those "no good Republicans" were going to do with their Tax reform and Health Care law.

Well in opening up my new Bill, "I got my answer!!!" A 30% increase in my Health Insurance and no additional help in the way of a subside from the Feds. That translates to an increase of $180 a month. Or ($2,160 increase for the year) No wonder Trump wants Republicans and Dems to work together on Health Care. Everyone who uses Obama Care will see a substantial increase in their out of pocket expenses for Health Insurance this year. Last year it went up $20 a month or $240 for the year. Big difference with Trump and the Republicans in charge.

Even the big lying sack of shite that Trump is, "can't blame Hillary or Obama for this one!!" The worst part for him is, "he knows it!!" In the Virginia election that they just had, the biggest single issue most voter were most concerned about was their Health Care. This doesn't bode well for Republicans in 2018 and beyond. They may try to do something about Health Care this year to help stabilize the market. But I wouldn't hold my breath on it!!!

I'll leave this Thread from a quote from Kellyane Conway. People will vote for the person or party that "Affects them but not what offends them!!!" Rising Health Care costs does effect peoples lives and now Trump and the Republicans are the ones in charge!!! So they will be the ones getting the blame for rising Health Care costs and not crooked Hillary. Even though Trump would love to find a way to spin it that way!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-29-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    This week I heard President Trump say, "Republicans & Dems need to come together and come up with some terrific Health Care for the American people." Whatever happened to Obama Care is a disaster and needs to be repealed and replaced. (Republican talking point for 8 years) Does he know something I don't know?? "YET!!" Oh crap I didn't get my Kaiser permanente Bill yet for Jan. I use Covered California to buy my Health Insurance. (ObamaCare) I'm in a panic thinking they didn't automatic renew my Health Insurance for 2018. I get on the phone to Covered CA and did find out they renewed my Insurance with Kaiser. Ok, but my January payment is due in a couple of day's and I haven't received it yet and need to pay it soon, otherwise I might get dropped. So I'm planning on driving down there to pay it, but instead my new Bill arrives in the mail today. I know they must have been waiting to see what those "no good Republicans" were going to do with their Tax reform and Health Care law.

Well in opening up my new Bill, "I got my answer!!!" A 30% increase in my Health Insurance and no additional help in the way of a subside from the Feds. That translates to an increase of $180 a month. Or ($2,160 increase for the year) No wonder Trump wants Republicans and Dems to work together on Health Care. Everyone who uses Obama Care will see a substantial increase in their out of pocket expenses for Health Insurance this year. Last year it went up $20 a month or $240 for the year. Big difference with Trump and the Republicans in charge.

Even the big lying sack of shite that Trump is, "can't blame Hillary or Obama for this one!!" The worst part for him is, "he knows it!!" In the Virginia election they just had, the biggest single issue most voter were most concerned about was their Health Care. This doesn't bode well for Republicans in 2018 and beyond. They may try to do something about Health Care this year to help stabilize the market. But I wouldn't hold my breath on it!!!

I'll leave this Thread from a quote from Kellyane Conway. People will vote for the person or party that "Affects them but not what offends them!!!" Rising Health Care costs does effect peoples lives and now Trump and the Republicans are the ones in charge!!! So they will be the ones getting the blame for rising Health Care costs and not crooked Hillary. Even though Trump would love to find a way to spin it that way!!!
    How about this. Before Obama care I was paying 360.00 a month for a blue shield PPO with a 5k deductible.
    For a family of 4. When Obama care kicked in my rates soared to 680.00 a month for a worse plan than I had before and guess what..... I wasn’t able to keep my doctor. I did not qualify for any subsidies. So why should I have to pay more. I have to pay more to cover all the people that cant afford health insurance. That’s total bs. Ending the government mandates wil open back up the health care market so you can shop for the plan that’s right for you just like it was before Obama care.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    How about this. Before Obama care I was paying 360.00 a month for a blue shield PPO with a 5k deductible.
    For a family of 4. When Obama care kicked in my rates soared to 680.00 a month for a worse plan than I had before and guess what..... I wasn’t able to keep my doctor. I did not qualify for any subsidies. So why should I have to pay more. I have to pay more to cover all the people that cant afford health insurance. That’s total bs. Ending the government mandates wil open back up the health care market so you can shop for the plan that’s right for you just like it was before Obama care.
    Ending the mandates will only mean you "don't" have to buy insurance or pay a penalty. The fact that you say, "ending the government mandates will open back up the health care market so you can shop for a plan that's right for you."

Let's go over that.

Choice 1. You don't buy any insurance. That's great if you never get sick. But if you do get sick, you've got 2 choices again. Go to a doctor and pay cash!! (that works if it's not too serious) Or the most likely choice for many is the emergency room. That can't deny services to you. However, in most cases the hospital doesn't get a dime from those people. So who then ends up paying for it. EVERYBODY ELSE who has insurance!!! (not a good system)

Choice 2. Buying a plan that is skimpier then Obama Care requirements. It might look tempting (because it's cheaper) but all the experts agree, it's not worth very much if you try to use it!!!

Choice 3. Go out on your own and buy a decent program like I have. (I have a silver Kaiser program) Now thanks to those "no good Republicans and Trump." It's 30% more expensive then last years rate. Every year for now on because of the Republicans, that rate will be much higher then if would have been, if they just left Obama Care alone.

It's funny, Republican followers believe in "WORDS!!!!!!" Like words are going to feed your family!!! Keep believing in those words, they will keep you warm at night even though the heat is not turned on.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-30-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Republicans are backing us into a corner where the only good option will be medicare for all. Bring it on. We should have had universal healthcare coverage long ago, so let's get it done pronto (although after the 2020 election will be the earliest politically feasible time if all works out properly).

If Trump's idea of bipartisanship is having Democrats support another Republican healthcare plan (which is what Obamacare originally was and was implemented in Massachusetts under Mitt Romney), he is going to be disappointed. I don't think that's going to happen.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 12-30-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Chucky
    You've always paid for others that can't pay. It's a matter of how much the government and/or providers are willing to pitch in to help offset the costs.
    The government, we know how cheap they can be, especially under republican rule. The providers are strictly in it for the money and will let your balls fall off if it saves them a dime. We have to come to a compromise where the government picks up some and the providers work with the balance to assure that ALL Americans regardless of financial status have healthcare. We can't just let the poor die because we don't want to help cover them. That is EXTREMELY un-American. Besides that, if the republicans let the poor die, who's going to fight the war they're gearing up for? Sure as heck won't be any of their bone spur prone kids, that's for 100% sure.