Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your suggestion for a Spinning Rod Under $50?

Default Your suggestion for a Spinning Rod Under $50?

Looking to replace my 3 year old spinning rod with something decent for under $50. Guides are fractured and the burrs are now cutting my line. I always use braid, so the guides need to be somewhat resistant to fast wear. I used to had kastking sharky II on it for inshore fishing. So, for under $50, what would you roll with and why? Thanks in advance for your recommendation.

Ugly Stik Lite. Best Budget rod you can pick up at Walmart. Indestructible and built for saltwater use.
    Last edited by Jaysuuun; 12-29-2017 at 09:22 AM.

I will comment on another brand Runcl Mecury. Less than $50 and are great rods for the money. You can think about it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171229000800.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	50574

Ugly stick

I concur with the Ugly Stik. I have them for a lot of years. Another consideration would be the Berkley Lightning Shock. Nice action and it will handle braid.

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaE View Post
    I concur with the Ugly Stik. I have them for a lot of years. Another consideration would be the Berkley Lightning Shock. Nice action and it will handle braid.
    Ditto on the Berkley Lightning Shock. My cheap Berkley caught more fish than my expensive rods and felt incredibly sensitive. It finally wore out and I haven't found another like it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Ditto on the Berkley Lightning Shock. My cheap Berkley caught more fish than my expensive rods and felt incredibly sensitive. It finally wore out and I haven't found another like it since.
    X5. Fishiest rods in my arsenal.

Okuma celilo. I have the 8'6mh in casting and it's well worth the $50

Ugly Stik GX2. I've had it for 2 years now and it is still going strong. Just rinse the reel off after using it in salt water to prolong the life span of the reel.

Quote Originally Posted by briseno09 View Post
    Ugly Stik GX2. I've had it for 2 years now and it is still going strong. Just rinse the reel off after using it in salt water to prolong the life span of the reel.
    Agreed. Big 5 has them for $49.99. While you're there, check out the Daiwas too, they come in different action rods and are under 50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast