Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silver lining

Default Silver lining

When it’s calm before the rain (and no swell) I start to feel fishy. Got out on the sand for 2 hours before the end of day to check a hali hole – it looked clear but a bit shallow with fair salad. With every cast without action I kept asking myself: is it lack of bait? Blank cast. Is the tide too low? Blank cast. Is the temp too low? And so on.

After I had all the questions and no answers from fish I jumped in a car and start driving back with ultimate question: Am I getting skunked today?

I did not plan to do it but stopped in a small bay and immediately noticed fish jumping: big and small. So, I walk out there and I have seen them before in big schools like that – the stripers of a ‘different’ kind that never take bait but I needed to take a closer look at them. LC with 3 freshly placed trebles did the job: I get snags on every cast and eventual land a couple of very chunky mullet.

Decided to check another little bay that was a lot murkier after runoff (more trash than normal too) and got slammed with bodybuilder BSP near rocks a couple times but managed to release them without walking to beach and on the next cast get a mullet that fights even harder than previously. But when emerged from murky water it turned out a nice corbina. That place was loaded with fish, but after I looked at my phone I realize it’s time to leave and to pick up my daughter. I’ll be thinking about visiting this spot when we get break from rains..
    Have fun out there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2214.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	50895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2219.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	50896  

Very cool indeed, I've seen them but never thought about snagging one. Maybe next time