Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout Fishing in Orange County

Default Trout Fishing in Orange County

I went trout fishing at Mile Square Regional Park yesterday for about 2 hours from 8am-10 am. I was using Berkley mice tails (pink egg/white tail) no luck. Switched to a punk floating trout worm, no luck. Used a small sinking Rapala, no luck. Lastly, I used a roostertail and again no luck. I saw trout rising, eating flies. So they were there. A couple guys were using power bait and caught three trout. I'm not big on bait fishing...... I like the action and surprise of getting hit on artificials.

What gives? Are the stocked trout not accustomed to eating artificial? Any tips on what artificial to use for these trout?

If you see them feeding on the surface, why not toss some flies? It's not rocket surgery.

John

Any tips on what areas are good at this lake? I’m taking my niece for her first time fishing, but never went to this lake before. Any tips appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Jusstjanet View Post
    Any tips on what areas are good at this lake? I’m taking my niece for her first time fishing, but never went to this lake before. Any tips appreciated!
    Great week to go, they have both the DFG State and Orange County stocking this week.