Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCC Votes to Kill Net Neutrality

Default FCC Votes to Kill Net Neutrality

Seems like the general population was for safeguarding the open internet. I believe one study said something like 83% were in favor of keeping the current foundation.

But, the Federal Communications Committee voted on Thursday to ignore the public and kill net neutrality protections.

What say ye?

One more reason to NEVER vote Republican. This shows us who these people who voted in favor of putting the internet essentially up for sale are answering to.

Hopefully, there will be a popular revolt against this decision, and one way or another, net neutrality will be back before too much time has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Hopefully, there will be a popular revolt against this decision, and one way or another, net neutrality will be back before too much time has passed.
    Well, during that time, I'm sure major ISPs and telecoms will have reaped the rewards.

And once sense and sensibility comes back around, they'll demand being labeled a public utility again, thus begging the government for hand outs and tax breaks so they can improve their infrastructure for the benefit of the American public.

Can't wait for my Time Warner bill next year, and see that I now have a "Netflix" fee attached.

What a great year 2017 has been.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Well, during that time, I'm sure major ISPs and telecoms will have reaped the rewards.

And once sense and sensibility comes back around, they'll demand being labeled a public utility again, thus begging the government for hand outs and tax breaks so they can improve their infrastructure for the benefit of the American public.

Can't wait for my Time Warner bill next year, and see that I now have a "Netflix" fee attached.

What a great year 2017 has been.
    Do you want a wahburger with your French cries. Please. This has been coming down the road for a long time and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    One more reason to NEVER vote Republican. This shows us who these people who voted in favor of putting the internet essentially up for sale are answering to.

Those darn republicans. Always up to no good. I’m suprised you didn’t blame TRUMP.

Chucky is the type of person that will respond to this thread without knowing who Ajit Pai is, without having to Google it first.

(Because if he wasn't, he would realize that his the President Trump comment he made above, is quite ironic.)

Speaking of brilliant people, check this one:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...67519222771713

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Chucky is the type of person that will respond to this thread without knowing who Ajit Pai is, without having to Google it first.

(Because if he wasn't, he would realize that his the President Trump comment he made above, is quite ironic.)

Speaking of brilliant people, check this one:

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...67519222771713
    Dang. You are awesome. I guess I should stfu. Do you believe everything you read?

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Do you believe everything you read?
    If it proceeds, "Posted by CHUCKY", then no, I don't.

Chucky, just because rich people who own corporations have planned this for a long time, doesn't make selling off the internet to the highest bidder, a good thing.

Trump gets part of the blame, but I don't particularly blame him, because this is a longstanding GOP policy wish. I think Ajit Pai was actually appointed by Obama, by the way, but the impetus to carry out this scheme wasn't present until the current administration. If Obama had wanted it to happen, it would have happened while he was president. Perhaps the others who voted for ending net neutrality were appointed by Trump? I am not sure about that but that's my guess.

Go have a look at who took money from ATT, Verizon and Comcast (communication lobbyist)
    Almost all republicans and most democrats too. Don't think this is only a republican issue. The list and amounts are staggering. I've seen varying amounts depending on the sites you check, but if you do check, you'll quickly understand.
    This will end bad. Greed ALWAYS wins out with these giant mega corporations.
    Last edited by Brent; 12-15-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast