Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2017 fishing recaps

Default 2017 fishing recaps

Last month I finished my last fishing trip of 2017. I won’t go fishing until it’s getting warm and usually be February.
    This year I made some new attempts:
    First time to throw a topwater frog on the water, several bites end up only 1 successful landed. Goal for next year is to give the other shapes frogs a serious try.
    I posted my first thread on this forum and would be glad to see your fishing reports, tips or anything related to fishing on this forum.
    And I got my new PB smallie weight 5.2 lb. It’s caught on a hair jigs I tied myself.

Which fishing trip most impressed you in 2017?
    Thanks to fishingnetwork and Runcl fishing gears store!!! And thank you to all who watched this thread!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171214.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	50553

Me year of 2017 is the beginning of good year since I moved to Canyon Lake. I caught plentiful of bass big and small and also caught my PB of 7.7lbs. I got to try a whole lot of new lures and plastic (also spent a lot more money which is not such a good thing). I caught more fish on other techniques beside drop shot where I got most success last year. I plan to learn more new techniques and lures and also learn more about lake to catch even more and bigger bass.

Wtg on the smallie Lawrence,my pb is3.5 at Cachuma,yours was a pig for sure!

Cya Tuna Vic

Sounds like a winner! Keep exploring those topwaters and keep posting reports on FSN! And nothing compares with getting anything, (let alone a PIG like you nailed!) on a lure you tied yourself.