Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 12.13.2017 Dana Harbor Pier

Default 12.13.2017 Dana Harbor Pier

Went out to Dana Harbor Pier for a lunch session trying for some Macs for the weekend. This is the first time I have been in the harbor to fish although have been down there many times to Dana Wharf to take the boats out. Water was really clear and could see the bottom with no signs of life. I had the entire pier to myself so threw a few long casts out into the channel for the skunk.

Fishing was no good but did get a chance to recon the Harbor for some fishy spots that may produce some macs on my next outing.

In my experience, you will have a much better chance for macs at the other end of the harbor where the bait barge is. Puerto Place for parking and then walk out onto the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    In my experience, you will have a much better chance for macs at the other end of the harbor where the bait barge is. Puerto Place for parking and then walk out onto the rocks.
    Thanks, I drove to the end of that road today on my way back to work to scope it out. Going to go over there tomorrow and fish it hopfully. Will post up how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRay View Post
    Went out to Dana Harbor Pier for a lunch session trying for some Macs for the weekend. This is the first time I have been in the harbor to fish although have been down there many times to Dana Wharf to take the boats out. Water was really clear and could see the bottom with no signs of life. I had the entire pier to myself so threw a few long casts out into the channel for the skunk.

Fishing was no good but did get a chance to recon the Harbor for some fishy spots that may produce some macs on my next outing.

I remember in the 50's and 60's surfing Killer Dana before the breakwater. My dad would watch from the end of the pier and we would glide past into shore on the bigger days. Fishing used to be very good when this was all open to the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRay View Post

Me and my friend did good there during the summer. You can see the videos on his YouTube channel re:cast fishing in SoCal

Nice pic,keep searching you’ll get em!
    Cya Tuna Vic