Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Christmas wish list

Default Christmas wish list

I've always been an avid spinning reel kind of guy. And have used spinning reels of many brands, expensive or cheap ones, Shimano, lews, kastking. etc. But this time I want to comment on a new brand, that is Runcl Grim I spinning reel.

Cyber Monday deal made it appear in front of me and I bought the Grim I 3000 on amazon for $31. I didn’t expect much on this cheap reel at first. But it surprised me after unboxing. I love the unique appearance, metal rocker, the color match. Feels good in my hand and extremely smooth when reeling.
    Have not had a chance to test performance yet but i will and continue the feedback. Definitely get more than what you actually pay for with this reel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GRIM 3.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	50549

Name:	GRIM 2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	50550

Default feedback

Many spinning reels have a common issue that is it forms a drastic tapered mound of the braid when you spool it. I used 30lb mono to test Runcl Grim I 3000 and they lay evenly on the spool.
    However, I haven't had a chance to test the drag on a huge fish yet, but casting and retrieve is smooth and functional. This is going to be my go to set up for next spring from now on.

Name:	201712201.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	50561