Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Japanese Babe Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    That's exactly why Arte will sign him to a 20 year deal that will be the first billion$$$$ contract!
    I'm just happy to move on from the Scioscia era. He stayed 8-10 years too long. Apparently he's a 'players' coach, just not a winning coach anymore.
    And catchers usually make good managers too.

One thing that irritated me, and I don't know if he still did this, was that he was the guy calling pitches, instead of having confidence in his own catcher to know his own pitching staff.

It felt like I was watching a little league game, every single time the Angels catcher had to look into the dugout to get the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And catchers usually make good managers too.

One thing that irritated me, and I don't know if he still did this, was that he was the guy calling pitches, instead of having confidence in his own catcher to know his own pitching staff.

It felt like I was watching a little league game, every single time the Angels catcher had to look into the dugout to get the sign.
    Yes yes and YES! I couldn't stand that either.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345