Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Babe Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    The Japanese Babe Ruth? He too is the out of shape alcoholic womanizer?

That couldn't hit against real pitchers? Now that real pitchers throw more than fast balls?

This is gonna be great.
    Good grief girl.
    I was talking baseball and not dead peoples social lives.
    Ohtani has zero to do with Ruth other than numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I believe he has 100% more wins than your boy (Kershaw) now doesn't he?!
    Back at ya!
    And Kershaw has 100% more hits than Ohtani does too.

(In less at bats, no less)

And we didn't pay the guy to hit. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And Kershaw has 100% more hits than Ohtani does too.

(In less at bats, no less)

And we didn't pay the guy to hit. ;-)
    Care to respond after his first home at bat of his career home run? Besides he does both pretty dang well and even you will have to admit that.
    You may want to wait a while and see what shakes out before condemning him, because I'm pretty sure he's going to be a one of a kind. C'mon, he can play almost any position except catcher and he's throws 100mph with wicked stuff. If he gets settled in and is anywhere near as good as he appears to be, he will be a special player for sure. Don't hate because he chose the Angels over the Dodgers.
    He probably saw your meme with the prisoners lined up to get into Dodger stadium and bought into the 'fake news'...lmao
    So far,
    Kershaw has 2 hits in 4 appearances with a 2-3 (.667) with no RBI and no runs scored. Ohtani is 4-9 (.444) with 1 home run 3 rbi and 2 runs scored. Still want to compare?
    Ohtani also has 1 win and Kershaw none (2 losses).
    Last edited by Brent; 04-04-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Can we start the MVP chants yet?

Can we start the MVP chants yet?
    Yes, by all means
    Another home run yesterday doesn't hurt. Hopefully he won't turn out to be a good hitting Yu Darvish.
    Who cares if Kershaw has Cy Young's and 10 years of incredible pitching (minus playoffs) Ohtani won 'A' game and hit two home runs already
    Last edited by Brent; 04-05-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Yes, by all means
    Another home run yesterday doesn't hurt. Hopefully he won't turn out to be a good hitting Yu Darvish.
    Who cares if Kershaw has Cy Young's and 10 years of incredible pitching (minus playoffs) Ohtani won 'A' game and hit two home runs already
    You got me there Brent.

Dude has more RBI's than the entire Dodger team combined I think.

I was at the game yesterday, 12 K's thought they were going to run out of room on the strike out sign. Hadn't been to an Angel game in a couple years. Pretty damn good timing, that dude was amazing!

You got me there Brent.

Dude has more RBI's than the entire Dodger team combined I think.
    If this cat can just keep this even remotely close to what he's doing so far, he'll be setting and breaking by records all year long. He's literally in his own category now.

If this cat can just keep this even remotely close to what he's doing so far, he'll be setting and breaking by records all year long. He's literally in his own category now.
    I'm wondering when pitchers are going to stop piping fast balls down the plate for this guy? He looks like Puig when he first came up where pitchers had no scouting reports on him and tried to throw fast balls at him.

I'm wondering when pitchers are going to stop piping fast balls down the plate for this guy? He looks like Puig when he first came up where pitchers had no scouting reports on him and tried to throw fast balls at him.
    That's why he was sand bagging in Spring training!! They thought he couldn't hit Major league pitching. So they are just trying to throw fast balls by him for now. (that's at least what my cousins friends brother told me) lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast