Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Babe Ruth

Funny how these posts age.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Funny how these posts age.
    Like fine wine...haha
    Ohtani is pretty dam incredible, but the Angels have a bad track record with arms, diagnosis and treatment.
    I hope they let him bat the rest of the year since he's out all next year for Tommy John anyways and maybe once he's healed a little better mid to end of next year he can bat before he's ready to pitch. Batting obviously doesn't affect his elbow, he's been smashing it.
    What do you think about ROTY chances if he continues to smash and ends with a 4-2, 3.31 ERA and 1.16 WHIP?
    ZERO other rookies in the league can claim that. There might be some pitchers in the NL that have to bat and aren't too bad, but they're nowhere near what Ohtani is doing.
    The two rookie on the Yankees are killing it, but neither can claim 4 wins pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    What do you think about ROTY chances if he continues to smash and ends with a 4-2, 3.31 ERA and 1.16 WHIP?
    ZERO other rookies in the league can claim that. There might be some pitchers in the NL that have to bat and aren't too bad, but they're nowhere near what Ohtani is doing.
    The two rookie on the Yankees are killing it, but neither can claim 4 wins pitching.
    I think what he's done was pretty amazing for a first year player, and it sucks about his eventual Tommy John if he wants to continue pitching.

I also think I'd have to look at some other numbers, like WAR and stuff.

Although I think Andujar is a shoe in for the AL ROY.

And might as well give Acuna Jr to NL ROY now. He could strike out his next 60 at bats and still earn the award.

I think what he's done was pretty amazing for a first year player, and it sucks about his eventual Tommy John if he wants to continue pitching.

I also think I'd have to look at some other numbers, like WAR and stuff.

Although I think Andujar is a shoe in for the AL ROY.

And might as well give Acuna Jr to NL ROY now. He could strike out his next 60 at bats and still earn the award.
    I just compared side by side Andujar and Ohtani and Ohtanis numbers are better. He just doesn't have as many at bats. Better average, OBP, SLG, OPS, WAR (Ohtani 2.7 Andujar 1.8) more stolen bases (ohtani 9 Andujar 2) with half the at bats plus he has 4 wins and a 3.31 ERA. It really shouldn't even be that close.
    Check the numbers side by side and I think you'll change your mind

Check the numbers side by side and I think you'll change your mind
    Do you think the time he spent sidelined could hurt?

Do you think the time he spent sidelined could hurt?
    Absolutely, but his numbers are still there even missing a chunk of the season. I don't think there's another player anywhere in the league as versatile as he is.
    He could probably play almost ANY position including pitching when healthy. I can't wait to see how he does pitching for a full season once he recovers. There are idiot Angel fans that keep saying we should trade Trout and 'let him go somewhere he can win'. WTH? That's a great idea. Give away the best player in generations so we can get 'better?'. People aren't too bright when they think with their hearts and not their brains.

There are idiot Angel fans that keep saying we should trade Trout and 'let him go somewhere he can win'. WTH? That's a great idea. Give away the best player in generations so we can get 'better?'. People aren't too bright when they think with their hearts and not their brains.
    Yeah, Trout is the face of your franchise.

Do you expect Mikey Scioscia to get fired after the end of the season?

Yeah, Trout is the face of your franchise.

Do you expect Mikey Scioscia to get fired after the end of the season?
    He's GONE! Thank you Jeeeezus. I love Scioscia, but he lost the club several years ago and we need new managers and coaches as well.
    Hopefully Girardi or someone like him will come on board. Definitely need new pitching coaches. Too many injuries and issues with the pitching staff.
    Maybe we can pick up Kershaw? Hmmmmmm

Maybe we can pick up Kershaw? Hmmmmmm
    Artie Moreno will probably have your GM sign him for 10 years, a la Pujols.

If you haven't noticed Kershaw as of late, he's not the same guy that commanded 25 million dollars a year.

Artie Moreno will probably have your GM sign him for 10 years, a la Pujols.

If you haven't noticed Kershaw as of late, he's not the same guy that commanded 25 million dollars a year.
    That's exactly why Arte will sign him to a 20 year deal that will be the first billion$$$$ contract!
    I'm just happy to move on from the Scioscia era. He stayed 8-10 years too long. Apparently he's a 'players' coach, just not a winning coach anymore.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast