Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Thanks, California. No Progress on Fishing License Purchase Plan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Stirring the pot again just to stir it? Dude your comparison was just plain dumb, there are a lot of descriptors I have thought define you but dumb wasn't one. Without the hunters and fishermen there would be no DF freaking W! This state has completely lost any credibility it had left from most outdoorsmen's perspective. I still respect the workers but at the management level they are completely corrupt and are altering the purpose that defined what the DFW's role was, notice I used the word "was".

This state is going to continue to lose people to other states that actually value fishermen and hunters. The population bases that elect our government officials do not represent a large chunk of this states populace yet those population bases continue to drive all decision making for the entire state, this is a recipe for disaster for this state. There are no checks and balances when only one portion of society is in charge, this is what is driving decisions at the the DFW and you and anybody with a small portion of their brain cells left knows this (luckily I think I still have one or two cells left, I think). The trout plant situation is a perfect example, the excuses being used were beyond predictable and if the DFW actually gave a damn about us those responsible would be fired for complete incompetence.
    Look the rank and file members of the DFW are fine people. It's the top leadership which some are appointed are the problem. If good moderate Republicans candidates such as former Governor Pete Wilson were to run and win the Governorship. That would help make for a more balanced political environment here in the state. But if all you get is Ideology candidates from the Republicans, Californians from a sportsmanship standpoint will still be getting the royal shaft!

To address your stirring the pot just to stir it statement, I do want to address it. Every article or statement I read coming from sportsman want a 12 month license. (yet it keeps getting shot down by the politicians) There has to be a reason for that, yet I haven't heard a good reason on why their doing it. I'm going with the Republican catch phrase, "FAKE NEWS." I'm going with fake news being reported in the sporting community publications. (which many are Russ Limbaugh protege's) Their having you believe the politicians out of pure meanness to the sportsman are shooting this down for no good reason. I do think they have their reasons but no one is reporting that!! I'll keep an open mind on the subject, waiting for their explanation!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-16-2017 at 01:47 PM.