Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPEAKERS CORONER (They should have let the horses run free)

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    They had no time to release the horses. The fire came so quickly. Maybe if you were there you could have saved them all.
    But then you would have been deprived of your horsemeat dinner.

They had no time to release the horses. The fire came so quickly. Maybe if you were there you could have saved them all.
    I do not know the exact time line. However, A fire is not an Earthquake with no warning at all!! I'm sure they were aware of at least a fire warning!!! So I'm going with DS on this one, some people need a Leo to knock on their door to tell them to evacuate. At that moment in time, yes it is too late to let the horses out. But as I said earlier, I don't know the exact time line of how the events unfolded. However, had there been a story about 30 horses were set free in front of an oncoming fire, that probably saved their lives. The management of the horse ranch, "WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE HERO'S!!"

You know the Horse part of the story is real. But the Horse story is also a "Metaphor" about how people need to be ready in case of an Emergency!! DarkShadow again proved, he is in my opinion the cleverest person on this board. (He got it right away!!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-08-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I do not know the exact time line. However, A fire is not an Earthquake with no warning at all!! I'm sure they were aware of at least a fire warning!!! So I'm going with DS on this one, some people need a Leo to knock on their door to tell them to evacuate. At that moment in time, yes it is too late to let the horses out. But as I said earlier, I don't know the exact time line of how the events unfolded. However, had there been a story about 30 horses were set free in front of an oncoming fire, that probably saved their lives. The management of the horse ranch, "WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE HERO'S!!"

You know the Horse part of the story is real. But the Horse story is also a "Metaphor" about how people need to be ready in case of an Emergency!! DarkShadow again proved, he is in my opinion the cleverest person on this board. (He got it right away!!)
    I get it dude. Remember tho it’s easy to think about would of could of until that fire is at your front door and the fire is at your front door. The winds were massive.

I get it dude. Remember tho it’s easy to think about would of could of until that fire is at your front door and the fire is at your front door. The winds were massive.
    In checking my Facebook websites this morning, "I saw a sign from God video!!!" The video was about 2 Mexican stable workers (in San Diego) risking their own lives yesterday. Releasing 100's of Horses while a wild fire was burning around them. This too was a similar situation to the previous fire mentioned in this thread.

I doubt they read my thread yesterday morning on FNN. (then acted accordingly as instructed by etucker) lol But they whole point of these GD threads is, they are designed for people to actually learn something from them!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-09-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12