Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPEAKERS CORONER (They should have let the horses run free)

Default SPEAKERS CORONER (They should have let the horses run free)

I'm using the SPEAKERS CORONER headline to talk about topics that are non political. (it also going to be an indicator of how much interest people have in non political topics.)

I went to my office the other day to work on some Marketing material with my business partners. They only work part-time in Real Estate and work full time in the Race track industry. (Horses) I'm taking a brief pause. (Zoey cat jumped in my lap for some morning attention)

So when I walked back to my desk I was greeted with, "did you see the story about the 30 horses lost on the ranch consumed by fire?" No I did not was my answer. I then asked, why didn't they just let the horses run free? Boy did I get a puzzled look from my friend Lucy. I thought everyone knew to do that! Now how would they know to do that was her answer. I responded with, did you ever see the Wizard of Oz or hear the song, a horse with no name? I then when on to explain, in the Wizard of Oz when the Tornado was about to strike Dorothy's farm. The farm hand (the scarecrow who had no brains) let the horses out of the barn so they could save themselves from the Tornado. I further went on to say, if you listen to the lyrics in a horse with no name. At the very end when disaster struck, when the desert had turn to sea. After 9 day's "I let the horse run free" to save it self.

I then got back to the Ranch story where the horses died from the fire. I asked her, "why didn't they have an evacuation plan for the horses?" The simplest thing they could have done is turn all the horses loose and let me try to save themselves. Leaving them all locked up was certain death and that's what happened. I'm not here to bash the people who were in charge of the horses. Maybe they could have done that Maybe they couldn't. My point is in watching all the Natural disasters play out in this nation in recent months.
    People need to have evacuation plans for their family's and yes their pets too!!! I'm sure with the fires we now have, both North (Ventura County) and South (San Diego County) this is effecting some FNN members as we speak. Everyone should have a plan for their family to either hunker down or evacuate if necessary if a disaster is looming. If the need is to hunker down, you should have some vital things stored around the house. Food and Water of course but there is many other items that people should have around the house. If people want to add some things in this thread that others might not think of, that would be great!!!

The other of course is evacuation.

Family's need to know first of all, where they need to go and how to get there. (with alternative routes) In watching the Floods caused by the Hurricanes, pets are part of the family that need to be included in the evacuation plans. Big and Medium size dogs need to be leashed immediately. (they get scared too and their instincts might be to run to safety) Small dogs and cats should immediately be put in a pet carrier for easy transportation. Of course if you have a Horse or any large farm animal. LET IT OUT OF IT'S ENCLOSURE SO IT CAN SAVE ITSELF!!!! lol

I just scratched the surface with my thoughts. I encourage anyone to add to this thread!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-08-2017 at 01:19 PM.

I saw that too Tuck and thought the same thing, but then realized that these people obviously care very much for their horses and most likely weren't able to get there in time to let them out. In hindsight I guess knowing all of your neighbors and having a way to reach out and have someone go by and let them out maybe. Really sad to think of.

eTucks,

Did you mean "Corner" or "Coroner?"

And let the horses free. They can actually use their brain to get themselves outta potential danger, unlike us humans who need a LEO knocking at their door telling them to evacuate.

And since this is the Speaker's Coroner, what's up with the Bel Air fire getting put out immediately and resources like C-130s being mobilized to prevent the fire from spreading?

Why aren't those C-130s being used in Ventura?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    eTucks,

And let the horses free. They can actually use their brain to get themselves outta potential danger, unlike us humans who need a LEO knocking at their door telling them to evacuate.

And since this is the Speaker's Coroner, what's up with the Bel Air fire getting put out immediately and resources like C-130s being mobilized to prevent the fire from spreading?

You got me!!! It's corner, unless it does have a trick English spelling. lol

eTucks,

Because you cant let Uncle Phil's house burn down!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Because you cant let Uncle Phil's house burn down!

So the rich get tax breaks and personal fire protection.

And nobody blinks an eye.

Good start to your Coroner thread, eTucks.

So the rich get tax breaks and personal fire protection.

And nobody blinks an eye.

Good start to your Coroner thread, eTucks.
    Good point!!! I'm sure they are people who don't know, that Earthquake and Fire losses are longer going to be allowed to be able to be taken off your Income Tax's under the new Republican Tax plan. It's going to be really hard but I still think their going to do it. For those 14 Republican House members from CA to vote for that Tax monstrosity!!!!

I thought the same thing about the word, coroner, but at first I thought it must have something to do with coroners examining dead people -- or dead horses. (Scratching my head LOL)

The normal saying would be "speakers corner," or "chefs corner" or whatever, if it were about cooking, for instance.

There aren't any fires around Moreno Valley at this time, but there is one in the Murrieta area not far south of here.

Oh, my wife called me out this morning while I was doing some work to help her move some cacti to bigger pots. What fun -- playing with cacti. LOL Not really, but I think I only got impaled by one sticker. We have a Golden Barrel Cactus that must be a $100 or more specimen and it had completely filled up its pot. I had to break the ceramic pot it was in with an axe to remove it because it had big roots growing through the hole in the bottom of the pot.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 12-08-2017 at 02:30 PM.

The example of private firefighters only protecting homes whose owners pay some special fee has been used as an example of the insidiously destructive effects of privatization. Apparently, there is a real threat of this happening, if things keep sliding the way that they have been in society, toward the rich with their trickle down claims that never actually happen.

I have actually heard Thom Hartmann use the firefighting example a few times on the radio, in fact.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 12-08-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm using the SPEAKERS CORONER headline to talk about topics that are non political. (it also going to be an indicator of how much interest people have in non political topics.)

I went to my office the other day to work on some Marketing material with my business partners. They only work part-time in Real Estate and work full time in the Race track industry. (Horses) I'm taking a brief pause. (Zoey cat jumped in my lap for some morning attention)

So when I walked back to my desk I was greeted with, "did you see the story about the 30 horses lost on the ranch consumed by fire?" No I did not was my answer. I then asked, why didn't they just let the horses run free? Boy did I get a puzzled look from my friend Lucy. I thought everyone knew to do that! Now how would they know to do that was her answer. I responded with, did you ever see the Wizard of Oz or hear the song, a horse with no name? I then when on to explain, in the Wizard of Oz when the Tornado was about to strike Dorothy's farm. The farm hand (the scarecrow who had no brains) let the horses out of the barn so they could save themselves from the Tornado. I further went on to say, if you listen to the lyrics in a horse with no name. At the very end when disaster struck, when the desert had turn to sea. After 9 day's "I let the horse run free" to save it self.

I then got back to the Ranch story where the horses died from the fire. I asked her, "why didn't they have an evacuation plan for the horses?" The simplest thing they could have done is turn all the horses loose and let me try to save themselves. Leaving them all locked up was certain death and that's what happened. I'm not here to bash the people who were in charge of the horses. Maybe they could have done that Maybe they couldn't. My point is in watching all the Natural disasters play out in this nation in recent months.
    People need to have evacuation plans for their family's and yes their pets too!!! I'm sure with the fires we now have, both North (Ventura County) and South (San Diego County) this is effecting some FNN members as we speak. Everyone should have a plan for their family to either hunker down or evacuate if necessary if a disaster is looming. If the need is to hunker down, you should have some vital things stored around the house. Food and Water of course but there is many other items that people should have around the house. If people want to add some things in this thread that others might not think of, that would be great!!!

The other of course is evacuation.

Family's need to know first of all, where they need to go and how to get there. (with alternative routes) In watching the Floods caused by the Hurricanes, pets are part of the family that need to be included in the evacuation plans. Big and Medium size dogs need to be leashed immediately. (they get scared too and their instincts might be to run to safety) Small dogs and cats should immediately be put in a pet carrier for easy transportation. Of course if you have a Horse or any large farm animal. LET IT OUT OF IT'S ENCLOSURE SO IT CAN SAVE ITSELF!!!! lol

I just scratched the surface with my thoughts. I encourage anyone to add to this thread!
    They had no time to release the horses. The fire came so quickly. Maybe if you were there you could have saved them all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast