Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Looking for a face mask

Default Looking for a face mask

I have a couple standard buffs, but I was watching Major League Fishing this morning and one guy had a buff-like mask but his had perforations around the nose and mouth area for easier breathing and less fogging of my glasses. Can somebody recommend where to look for these? Thanks!

Simms make some that are ventilated. Off topic, what a reel cool tournament. Its cool to seem them quickly weigh and release instead of fishnapping them for hours then releasing at the ramp...
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 12-02-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Hey thanks for the help. Now that I know the correct terminology (Gaiter) I get better search results. Yah, that tournament format gives you a better idea of what those guys are really doing all day. Instead of showing just the bigger fish being landed, you see the sheer numbers of fish big and small.

Yeah its definitely not just the glorified instagram shots...who said fishing was suppose to be relaxing lol...nothing but stress if you haven't weighed in a single fish, plus those updates would have to increase the stress level as well.

I thought gaiters were for you legs, so I had to google it. They're considered neck gaiters, which appear closer to performing like a balaclava (warmer material). Not sure if you noticed that, but I assume you wanted the buff to prevent SPF, not to keep warm. Just something to keep in mind, before ordering. GLUCK with your purchase and let us know what yo end up with...im experiencing the same problem with my Columbia buff.

P.A.W,

As someone mentioned, Simms has gaiters that have holes.

BUT, buyer beware if you have a beard or mustache. Simm's earlier generation of gaiters used to rip very easily, so easily that Simms went to the laser cut holes with their new models.

Regardless, the new models I've seen now ripping as well, but not as easy as their previous generation.

This don't happen with their cold gear gaiter, which is obviously thicker.

Hmmmm. Makes me want to just punch some holes in my current buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hmmmm. Makes me want to just punch some holes in my current buffs.
    Again, I used my latest Simms gaiter hard for 2 years, when I was fishing quite a bit. I'd still rather purchase a Simms gaiter and be careful with it, then use a Buff, which feels like I'm just wrapping a tshirt across my face.