Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The hunt for “Ol Lead Pencil” continues

Default The hunt for “Ol Lead Pencil” continues

Was off from Wednesday to Sunday last week for the holiday. Went out on Wednesday and again on Sunday. Went out with my son on Wednesday trolled around miller and cleghorn and picked up 2 in cleghorn. After that we went out and tried to troll around the inlet, I saw fish on the bottom from 45 stacked up to 20 so we tried to drop some chovies on them but no go they didn’t want anything to do with it, nothing going so we rolled it up around 10:30, 11. Weather was nice water was flat as a pool table.

Went back out on Sunday with my 2 sons and my cousin same thing trolled cleghorn and Miller, picked 1 up in Miller that was nice, but after that just a few dinks. Decided to make our way out to the inlet area trolled between there and the dam saw fish but no takers. Came back towards the inlet and picked up a few dinks in that area. Same thing saw fish stacked up on the bottom thick but they didn’t want anything to do with bait. Water was ok a little wind but nothing bad. Rolled up about 12 and headed home.

Water temp was 56-58 both days, didn’t see any boils, seems like the dinks aren’t attacking like they were before didn’t want to take bait had to jiggle something in front of them to get them interested. Tried a couple trout clr lures nothing, still interested in the white baits. Gonna go back out tomorrow and see if can get that “ Ol Lead Pencil” I been hunting for years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7625ABE7-721D-415E-9364-2598B286F73A.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	50519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76731B9C-5DBD-4A71-9ADF-CB311E8C50D2.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	50520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8B16F5CD-730D-47B9-B6F4-A46A5706079A.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	50518  

Lake has been beautiful as of late.Good luck tomorrow,I'll be chuckin lures from the dam in the a.m.

Yeah I was gonna go today but weather said 15mph winds Hopefully tomorrow will be alright. Been out there too many times in the wind just miserable. Sitting on the dam waiting for the wind to die down fishing all night and it never stops. Oh well still better than work.

Bait is still thick and a ton near shore but seemingly are going unmolested. I have only seen surface activity (small slurping schools) a couple times in the last month so although they have been taking topwater not really any visible topwater activity and for the last week or so that bite has gone south.

Thanks for the report am thinking about kayaking finally this weekend but hell maybe I should stick to shore doesn't seem to be much difference.

Skunked this morning.Did not see any fish activity at all.I start work at 9a.m. so had to get outta there by 730...
    They probably boiled everywhere the second I got in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by phelanfisher View Post
    Yeah I was gonna go today but weather said 15mph winds Hopefully tomorrow will be alright. Been out there too many times in the wind just miserable. Sitting on the dam waiting for the wind to die down fishing all night and it never stops. Oh well still better than work.

wut weather channel do u go for silverwood?

I just google Silverwood Lake weather