Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The store down the road from Silverwood

Default The store down the road from Silverwood

Does anyone know if the store / gas station down the road from Silverwood is still open? And if so, what time do they open? Are they open Thanksgiving Day?

What's the name of the store? Thank you for your time.

Call Them. If you google Store on the way to lake silverwood, you get this (and about 1,000 others) : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Silve...44628738893126

Viejo, Thanks for the info but I don't use Facebook. For anyone interested the name of the store is Silverwood Country Store and the phone # is 760 389 2423, they open at 6:00am and they are open on Thanksgiving.

Good people that recently renovated the store. They have a healthy craft beer population as well now. Gluck and gobble gobble.

Chicken liver has been good for the small stripers the last two days....carolina or suspended.

Everything has been good for small stripers and the damn things are everywhere! Crawlers are killing um too. I agree they did a great job on the store, took um a while but they did a great job, not only great beer section but a killer selection of jerky too.

Quote Originally Posted by seance View Post
    Viejo, Thanks for the info but I don't use Facebook. For anyone interested the name of the store is Silverwood Country Store and the phone # is 760 389 2423, they open at 6:00am and they are open on Thanksgiving.
    You would have seen the info even not using facebook. Looks like you googled it anyway. Good for them....it's a tough place to make a living until the 25,000 homes start being built out there. That should also have a significant impact on the fishery as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    That should also have a significant impact on the fishery as well.
    Yea a negative one. Can't believe they were able to get that E.I.R. to allow them to build. So much wildlife will be affected, the lake will be dramatically affected, nothing good is going to come of it, well unless you are the ones that got their pockets lined with cash.

Sure hope it takes a prolonged period, would like to get a few more years in before the lake is completely devastated, if you think the lake is destroyed in the summer time now just wait! I know many say they cant/won't ever build a wall around it but I'd take bets the impact will force that decision also they are going to have to deal with the overcrowding summer weekends when they park on the 138, one fire and that's a potential complete disaster almost came to fruition last summer when a fire hit on the weekend in the park.

Remember Silverwood from days gone by it will never be the same!
    Last edited by seal; 11-25-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yea a negative one. Can't believe they were able to get that E.I.R. to allow them to build. So much wildlife will be affected, the lake will be dramatically affected, nothing good is going to come of it, well unless you are the ones that got their pockets lined with cash.

Sure hope it takes a prolonged period, would like to get a few more years in before the lake is completely devastated, if you think the lake is destroyed in the summer time now just wait! I know many say they cant/won't ever build a wall around it but I'd take bets the impact will force that decision also they are going to have to deal with the overcrowding summer weekends when they park on the 138, one fire and that's a potential complete disaster almost came to fruition last summer when a fire hit on the weekend in the park.

Remember Silverwood from days gone by it will never be the same!
    If you thought the morning down and the return trip up the pass was a challenge....wait till all those folks are going and coming from work. They are planning on turning Hwy 138 East of the Freeway into four lanes. Enjoy Silverwood while you can....it's gonna change.

I have fished it since they first opened in the 70's you could fish till 10 at night with lights on your boat speed limit was 10mph or 5 mph I forget but was so nice. I am just glad I got to enjoy it when I did. Like Seal has said to many rats in the cage now and more to come.

Living on 173 has me and the other locals furious.There was a meeting last night at City Hall to discuss access to the proposed area.Ranchero is supposed to be a 7lane Rd from Arrowhead to the freeway.Right now the city planner has scheduled groundbreak for 2019.
    Of course it will be built in phases.City is currently trying to find grants to sustain project along with investors obligations .
    Makes sense right?
    Oh the E.I.R.....
    If in case an arroyo toad is located while land destruction is taking place then all work shall be halted until the proper biological group can relocate.
    The arroyo toad is a burrowing,nocturnal creature that closely resembles the local toads of the area.Not to mention the two striped garter snake that is absolutely gorgeous,and extremely rare.
    I highly doubt proper training will be given.People thought mountain lions are a problem now?
    They don't even unlock the bathrooms up on the dam anymore.I don't blame them at all.
    I just don't see how they're getting away with the whole project.
    Summit valley residents were promised x amount of acreage of well water per residence.
    And to turn the ranch into a nature preserve is a joke.I forsee 4wd heaven.
    Wonder if Erin brokovitch is busy😀
    Last edited by sealclubber; 11-28-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast