Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened here? Is this forum dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    I said in a rant, I'm done. So I have spoken out of turn. I've been on this site since 2006, I've been banned before. Maybe I'll be banned again. Dana is dead. I miss him, the site was different with him here.
    The political rhetoric on this site is the problem. Others have said so, and so have I.
    FNN stands for fishing news network, it should be exactly that.
    A separate section should be established for those of you who come on a fishing website to bicker about your political views.
    As you continue to verbalize your opinion, the moderator should move it to the political section.
    It's simple.
    Moderators shift political opinions to a separate area.
    I realize my name would incline those of simple minds to come to a preconceived opinion. A fishing website is what this site was when I originally joined. It's changed, I'm not the only member to say so. The general discussion was for a general discussion about fishing. Not about political opinions. Post your political opinion on Fox News.com or CNN.Com.
    I'm sure your argument won't make you look like you don't know what you're talking about. If you actually have a point.
    I think I can have a civil conversation with anybody.

So my first question is, why is political rhetoric a problem?

I do want to know what people opinions are!

I just hope they are not the censorship argument.

I'll wait to hear what people have to say.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-23-2017 at 09:53 PM.

A lot has changed here. Post a report and see how many views to responses you get. Post here and you will definitely get a response or two. I like many others found many reports and fellow fishermen sharing there passion when I joined. Most of those whom I never met in person but shared freely general information. There used to be an only member section but don’t know where that went. Some members got banned and others left just like mentioned. I just started fishing again and came back to post and wondered the same as you. I also asked and got many replies. When Dana was around if you posted in the wrong section it would just get politely moved to correct place. I never met the guy but his presence while here on earth told a story of a kind loving guy who loved fishing and collaboration. His feel was that he would do anything for anybody. In short I know better now to post anything fishing related here in this section.

Yes, it is all most likely true, Facebook, Twitter, and the possibility there are fewer fishermen now. I still post every now and then a get only 1 or 2 feedback at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    Yes, it is all most likely true, Facebook, Twitter, and the possibility there are fewer fishermen now. I still post every now and then a get only 1 or 2 feedback at the most.
    Don't think because you only get 1 or 2 feed backs your story isn't read and enjoyed by hundreds of people. Member participation is way down, but non member viewership is way up!!! Just to prove my point, I just checked on how many members were viewing the website vs non members. 1 member was signed in who was me and 238 non members were viewing the website. It's understandable why you might only get 1 or 2 comments. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-25-2017 at 10:29 AM.

I stopped posting for two reasons.

1. No one shares info. Everyone is so worried their spot will get wiped out.
    Funny thing is, everyone knows the honey holes and ninja spots anyways.
    If we were fishing a tx or something I'd get it but we're not.

2. All the same trash talk by guys that fish behind a monitor. This site should
    Have had a no holes barred tournament to shut down some of the bs trash talkers.
    It gets old trying to express an opinion or observation with regards to fishing and it's dissected by some
    Sorry *** behind the monitor fishing pro. Everyone is an expert with no accolades.

I was thinking how spotty a lot of the information given on this site is today while I was driving, and my wife was in the passenger seat. My wife asked me why I was smiling. It was because I was thinking, what if I gave a report like this: "I went to my secret spot today and used my special, super-secret hyper technological magical lure and caught 15 gigantic fish." Some of these reports are about as vague as that. LOL Are people really that worried about copycats stealing their fishing secrets? When I report a fishing trip, I am careful to give accurate and detailed information that could be helpful to others, keeping in mind that fishing changes all the time anyway, and different people have different fishing preferences, equipment and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I was thinking how spotty a lot of the information given on this site is today while I was driving, and my wife was in the passenger seat. My wife asked me why I was smiling. It was because I was thinking, what if I gave a report like this: "I went to my secret spot today and used my special, super-secret hyper technological magical lure and caught 15 gigantic fish." Some of these reports are about as vague as that. LOL Are people really that worried about copycats stealing their fishing secrets? When I report a fishing trip, I am careful to give accurate and detailed information that could be helpful to others, keeping in mind that fishing changes all the time anyway, and different people have different fishing preferences, equipment and skills.
    I know what you mean about people being paranoid about their secret spot and baits. I have yet to write a fishing report and the information I gave out comes back and bites me in the rear. All's I can say is, "lead by example!!" All my fishing report's are written with full disclosure. Either written in the report or if someone ask's, "I'll answer their question in the thread or by pm." Unfortunately being paranoid about their fishing is just hard wired in some peoples make up. I wonder if the same people are paranoid about other aspects of their lives???
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-27-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Same with me. I will go back to the same place, and either the fishing is just as good as before, or it isn't, but it's not any more crowded with copycat lurkers than before, so the fish just moved or aren't biting as well.

I have had the same thought about some people being paranoid too, or in some cases they are nasty but they say they are in happy marriages, making me wonder if they act like a completely different person in the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    ...but they say they are in happy marriages, making me wonder if they act like a completely different person in the marriage.
    Well, judging from my married friends, they hate the marriage, unless the wife is within earshot. Then they tell me married life is awesome then ask me when I'm getting married, and I can just snicker.

Just because they crawled that rabbit hole, doesn't mean I'm following.

Makes you wonder....

But yes, this place? Way too political. I mean, when Obama was in office, this place was like a ghost town. Now, if there was only a way to keep it confined to one section.

Yeah, apparently the heat from the kitchen does spread, so much it makes people sitting on the patio uncomfortable. Go figure.

Honestly, I do love being married to my BFF beautiful wife. She even goes fishing with me. ;) We just had our 16th anniversary on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe it's just me though. LOL

I think there was a grease fire in the right wing kitchen and now the entire house is burning down.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast