Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened here? Is this forum dead?

Honestly, I do love being married to my BFF beautiful wife. She even goes fishing with me. ;) We just had our 16th anniversary on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe it's just me though. LOL

I think there was a grease fire in the right wing kitchen and now the entire house is burning down.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Well, judging from my married friends, they hate the marriage, unless the wife is within earshot. Then they tell me married life is awesome then ask me when I'm getting married, and I can just snicker.

Just because they crawled that rabbit hole, doesn't mean I'm following.

Makes you wonder....

But yes, this place? Way too political. I mean, when Obama was in office, this place was like a ghost town. Now, if there was only a way to keep it confined to one section.

Yeah, apparently the heat from the kitchen does spread, so much it makes people sitting on the patio uncomfortable. Go figure.
    Oh no you and Lefty are turning this thread into a do you like marriage thing, oh I am just kidding but will add to it. I am married now but have been single most of my adult life and I must say both life styles have been just fine but my now wife is my best girl friend ever. Even better then this one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 20.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	50514

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Even better then this one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 20.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	50514
    LOL.

The mamacita!!

Old Pudd Fisher, that looks like the woman who was my dad's nanny when his mom was working. (She was an elementary school teacher in New Mexico.) So I heard from my dad anyway. His nanny was a Pueblo Indian and so were his mom's students.

And yes, my wife is my girlfriend too. ;)

So let's get back on point.
    The general discussion forum on a fishing website. I believe is set for a general discussion on fishing.
    Your political beliefs belong elsewhere.
    E Tuck, you abuse this website. I like you, but your politics belong on another website. As you stack your post numbers, the majority of your posts are political.
    There are other sites for that. This is the fishing news network. Period.
    While I may agree with your political views to some extent, wrong venue.

Take it elsewhere cowboy. You just might be the reason why this site is dying.
    Even if you post some fishing reports the fact is, your political rants just might be adding to why this site is dead.
    Hence the title of this thread.
    I was here before you, there was a lot less political discourse.
    Stop.
    Go to CNN.com.
    Fishing News Network is the name. Did you understand that?
    Last edited by Ssortasober; 11-30-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    The general discussion forum on a fishing website. I believe is set for a general discussion on fishing.
    And you would be wrong.

What part of "Non-fishing Topics" do you not understand.

Reading not a strong suit, eh?

Seriously?

The way members on here pounded on our previous President, and you're going to say there was a lot less political discourse?

Do me a favor and sort by "Replies" in General Discussion and see what the most replied to threads are. Then check the date.

In fact, I'll make it easier for you:

So please spare us the "there was a lot less political discourse."

Also, missed your other posts during those other threads calling out the talking of politics on the site. Why are you bringing it up now, when it existed rampantly before?

Your political beliefs belong elsewhere.
    E Tuck, you abuse this website. I like you, but your politics belong on another website. As you stack your post numbers, the majority of your posts are political.
    There are other sites for that. This is the fishing news network. Period.
    While I may agree with your political views to some extent, wrong venue.

Take it elsewhere cowboy. You just might be the reason why this site is dying.
    Even if you post some fishing reports the fact is, your political rants just might be adding to why this site is dead.
    Hence the title of this thread.
    Stop.
    Go to CNN.com.
    Fishing News Network is the name. Did you understand that?
    I do want to answer you about what was my original motivation to talk politics on this website. I joined this website to talk about fishing and "make some new fishing friends." It started out great and everything was going to plan. I then found myself having to defend my fishing reports from haters and hooligans. Not surprising I got a little sick and tired of it!!!! (I wasn't bothering anybody but they were sure bothering me) These same people were in the GD section talking about politics. You can't really do anything to defend yourself on a fishing report but in the GD section you can stick it back to these same people. (I do believe the best Defense is an Offensive) Have you noticed my comments in the GD section are getting few and far between now. The big reason is, "I'm pretty confident that the danger to my fish reports is no longer there." (I still do write more fishing reports then anybody else) Starting next week, you will probably see a fish report from me every week til the rains hit. I'm also pretty confident that you won't hear much from me on politics, unless someone starts bagging on my fish reports and posts in the GD section!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-01-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Looks like Ssortasober has selective amnesia.

Eric, I think the political situation is too important and dire not to discuss it. The Republicans in Congress are getting set to pass what will in all likelihood be the most destructive tax bill ever, transferring vast amounts of money to the top and crippling government with even greater debt -- and meanwhile, Flynn has pled guilty and is cooperating with Mueller. There is so much going on and our society is being transformed. We have a chance to take part in that and make it better, or we can let the McConnell types hand it over to the billionaire class.

I appreciate your reasons for discussing politics. I went through that too, as well as arguing with those people at times when they were very active, but the reason that I don't start threads here on politics or post more is that I have my own forum in which to do that without the haters, plus it is a fishing site. But this is the non fishing part of the fishing site.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 12-01-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    You are correct, however this is a fishing board. Not a "political board" One or two post about a president is fine, but when it becomes the only source of attention and nothing else, it becomes draining and tired. As you stated, yes "time for a change." The change shouldn't be politics........
    Mike
    Unfortunately the world has changed so greatly since the elections and so many people affected that it's become ridiculous.
    Political section maybe, but just don't go into the threads. If you can click on a thread to get into the political discussion why would it be harder to click on the political section. The threads are all titled as political. The problem is that nobody seems to be able to stop themselves from clicking and then getting offended when it isn't what you were hoping for. Just don't click.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Looks like Ssortasober has selective amnesia.

Eric, I think the political situation is too important and dire not to discuss it. The Republicans in Congress are getting set to pass what will in all likelihood be the most destructive tax bill ever, transferring vast amounts of money to the top and crippling government with even greater debt -- and meanwhile, Flynn has pled guilty and is cooperating with Mueller. There is so much going on and our society is being transformed. We have a chance to take part in that and make it better, or we can let the McConnell types hand it over to the billionaire class.

I appreciate your reasons for discussing politics. I went through that too, as well as arguing with those people at times when they were very active, but the reason that I don't start threads here on politics or post more is that I have my own forum in which to do that without the haters, plus it is a fishing site. But this is the non fishing part of the fishing site.
    Lefty,

I agree there is much at stake in the political arena. However, when it comes to President Trump base, 35% of registered voter's. There is "no hope" of ever turning those people. He himself said, "I could kill someone on 5th Ave and they would still be with me!" What progressives need to do is get other Liberal people out to vote. That's where our energy needs to be spent!! I will admit, "I get caught up in the moment to stop their lies." But with the Republican Tax cuts now very likely to pass and get signed into law. People here in California (both Republicans and Democrats) in years to come will see their tax's going up and their Real Estate prices going down. All do to the Republicans controlling the Federal government. I don't think there is going to be very many Republicans on here saying, "how great things are now for us, because the Republicans control the Federal government and we need to keep it that way!"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast