Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What happened here? Is this forum dead?

I don't have to be nice, but I will be still.

I looked over the sections you mentioned.
    What are you comparing them to?
    Last edited by Ssortasober; 12-01-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    So I'm assuming you get what I'm saying, besides the whole FNN part?
    Nobody reads the no cal section.
    It's not a question of understanding you. It's a question of your faulty thinking.

And you choose to pick out the one least-viewed general discussion section (out of nine) to support your dubious line of reasoning?

Miss, I'm on your side, get off mine. Go to BettyCrocker.net and fill out your political *****
    You're not on my side. And spare us your devil's food non sequiturs.

I don't have to be nice, but I will be still.
    You're missing the point - the moment you admonished etucker, you stopped being nice, cowboy.

I looked over the sections you mentioned.
    What are you comparing them to?
    This was already discussed here. If you couldn't grasp it the first time, there's little hope you'll pick it up with a second telling.

I originally signed up in 2006, before President Obama was elected. Lot less politics on this site in those days. Pulling up threads going back to 2010- 2015? Missing the point.
    For the record I did vote in the last 3 elections, I didn't vote for trump, and I did vote for Obama twice. Again my point was when I joined there was far less politics on this site, it has steadily gotten worse as the years pass.
    Looks like you jumped the gun on that one DS. Maybe an apology would be a nice gesture?
    I love to look for logic patterns in peoples statements. (For the record I'm going to agree with everything you said, but ask why?) You joined in 2006 and there was less politics on this site. (Who was President then?) George W. Bush, a White Republican Male. In 20008 the people elected Obama, the first 1/2 Black Male Democrat. The politics on this site exploded then!!!! In 2016 we elected Trump, a White Republican Male. The political discussions on this site is steadily going down now. A coincidence??? I don't know, you can make up your own mind.

I would also make a prediction. If in 2020 we elected Elizabeth Warren as the first Female White Democrat as President. We would have another spike in political discussions on here. Not as much as Obama but definitely a spike!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-02-2017 at 08:07 AM.

So miss, this is exactly my point. It's a political discussion. So why not name the general discussion section a general political discussion section.
    Add a general discussion about fishing section.
    Since this site has become a political board.
    Give me a break, can I get a hallelujah on the fact this is a fishing site, or is this a dead site as you people spew political beliefs on a fishing website. This is exactly why this site is dead.
    Go ahead tell me the GD is for a gd discussion on politics.
    It's exactly why this site is going to die. Where will you go?
    On a fishing website, the general discussion section is for a general discussion on fishing.
    It must be just me.
    I'm going on crockpot. Com and discuss my political views.
    Really? This site is a disaster. Whatever you do mods don't set up a political section.
    There wasn't a silverwood or skinner section, when I joined. Burn it down. It's gonna die if someone Dosent speak up. I am not afraid. Nor am I intimidated. Go to Dirt digging.com spew your ****.
    Politics don't belong here and it's why this site is dead.
    That's the title of this thread. FNN does stand for fishing news network. Otherwise it would it would be FN.net Just so you know.
    Your saying Politics don't belong here and why this site is dead. So your saying because there is a political section on here, it drives away the fishermen. (why???) The only way it would drive the fishermen away in my opinion is because of something like this. You can agree or disagree with it if you choose. I'll set up a scenario to illustrate my point.

A person is a big Bass fishermen at DVL and writes reports all the time. He is also a Conservative with 5 kids. He is writing both fish reports and talking about how great Conservative politics are and only if we could elect a Republican President and have a Republican Congress. (to do things like tax's cuts to benefit him and his family)

He gets his wish in 2016.

But this tax plan the Republicans just passed doesn't help his family out the way he had hoped. His 5 kids all went to College and took out Big student loan debts and now they can't deduct the interest. He was planing on upgrading his home to buy a big spread with a lot of land. (but now he can only deduct $500,000 of the interest off of the mortgage) The wife works for a non profit who is funded by charitable donations. But if the donor itemizes to take off for charitable deductions, he will you lose the doubling of the standard deduction. (so the wife's job is now in jeopardy) He also found out he can't take the SALT deduction off his Federal tax's. (so in the long run his tax's will be going up and his property value going down) In other words "be careful what you wish for" because you might actually get it!!

Now this same person who wrote beautiful fish reports about DVL and spoke very loudly in the GD section about how great Conservationism is if given a chance. Now is totally embarrassed how things turned out for him and people like him. That now the only honorable thing for him to do is, "TO LEAVE THE WEBSITE!!"

Is that what you mean by, politics don't belong here and it's why this site is dead.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-02-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Since Trump has been elected the discussion has been going down? Your observations are anecdotal bias and not factual, did you see the same posting activity for Obama's whole 8 years? I don't think so. I for one never posted anything political during Obama's years even though I disagreed with most of his policies. I also didn't post vindictive, hostile comments putting down his supporters like I've seen with you bunch about Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I love to look for logic patterns in peoples statements. (For the record I'm going to agree with everything you said, but ask why?) You joined in 2006 and there was less politics on this site. (Who was President then?) George W. Bush, a White Republican Male. In 20008 the people elected Obama, the first 1/2 Black Male Democrat. The politics on this site exploded then!!!! In 2016 we elected Trump, a White Republican Male. The political discussions on this site is steadily going down now. A coincidence??? I don't know, you can make up your own mind.

I would also make a prediction. If in 2020 we elected Elizabeth Warren as the first Female White Democrat as President. We would have another spike in political discussions on here. Not as much as Obama but definitely a spike!!!

The dozen members beating a dead horse to a pulp with the politics is the reason why most people lost interest in this page. It used to be a fishing/family page and now has turned into a Fox News/Cnn debate. This crap does not belong on a fishing forum and quite honestly after reading the dribble coming out of the mouths on both sides of the political spectrum I wouldn't want any of you fishing near me all day. Take your Obama/Trump policy debates to a political page and let this place return to fishing reports/meet ups and sharing fishing tips. How hard is to comprehend that no one goes to a political message board to get fishing tips and people coming to a fishing website don't want to hear your feelings on whatever issue you feel the need to debate. Most of you just like to hear yourselves talk and like stirring up **** with each other.
    Next time you guys want to cry or argue politics here is the perfect spot:
    https://www.debatepolitics.com/
    Last edited by ghost2uu; 12-06-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Not much of a debate anymore. The 5-7 politicos will continue until the sponsors pull out. Then there will be no Political news network, I mean Fishing news network.
    Let's continue the discussion.
    Until the site is beaten to death. Survey says?
    Last edited by Ssortasober; 12-06-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I was raised with the notion that if i dont know anything about a topic, I either:

1. STFU
    2. Do some research.

In this day in age, there is no excuse about not knowing about a subject before opening up your flap. Research and then talk. Don't talk and then be offended when someone calls you out on what you have no idea what you're talking about.

Which brings me back full circle on this thread. It seems many people took their ball and went home simply because they finally realized they had no idea what they were arguing about and realized they may have been overmatched by their competition so they did the correct thing and shut up.

And personally, i dont mind.

WOW you must know everything because you have not shut up on this site for 5 years. Please continue to enlighten all of us dullards with your never ending wisdom and snarky replies to every post on here.

I must have selective amnesia.
    I'm sure I did some research, so I won't STFU.
    FNN does stand for Fishing News Network.
    Don't admit you were wrong, or made a mistake.
    I will,
    I'm admitting the GD section says all things non fishing.
    E Tucker you know I never admonished you no matter what the lady said.
    What is wrong with this site was the question. Back on point
    The rest of you quiet ones. Where did you go?
    Must be above admitting you made a mistake.

I must have selective amnesia.
    I'm sure I did some research, so I won't STFU.
    FNN does stand for Fishing News Network.
    Don't admit you were wrong, or made a mistake.
    I will,
    I'm admitting the GD section says all things non fishing.
    E Tucker you know I never admonished you no matter what the lady said.
    What is wrong with this site was the question. Back on point
    The rest of you quiet ones. Where did you go?
    Must be above admitting you made a mistake.
    I'll get back to the point.

What is wrong with this site??? Fishing paranoia and jealousy are the true culprit's of what wrong with this site.

The paranoia shows up in 2 way's.

The first way is it keeps people from writing a fishing report about an fishing adventure they just had. They fear if they write up a really good fish report with full disclosure about "where they went and what they caught." They are burning that location for themselves by telling other's about how good it was!!! I won't bother to debunk that thought.

The other way fishing paranoia shows it's ugly head on here. Is when others write up a real good fish report about a particular location. Then they are heavily criticized for writing up a report. (the worst example of that use to be LMB reports in the Park section) It got so bad they are hardly ever written any more.

Last but not least is the Jealousy angle. There are just some people that can't stand to see someone else succeed. (they are called Haters) I had that happen to me last year. The funny part was the attacker was a big wig on here. After I and some of the other hooligans in the GD section got done with him using logic. That was his last post on here!!!

That Ssortasober in my opinion is what's really wrong with this website and why some people are calling it Dead!!! I don't believe it's dead, I'm hoping for a really good rebirth around here with lot's of positive story's coming out in the future. Even if I have to write everyone of them myself. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-06-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast