Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What happened here? Is this forum dead?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What happened here? Is this forum dead?

This forum doesn't get a fraction of the posts it did a few years ago. I don't see any SWAT members posting, no daily reports, nothing. Did I not get the memo that FNN is dead or dying? I used to love this forum, but maybe theres a reason I don't know about...

Anyways, end rant!

Quote Originally Posted by ILL PHIL View Post
    This forum doesn't get a fraction of the posts it did a few years ago. I don't see any SWAT members posting, no daily reports, nothing. Did I not get the memo that FNN is dead or dying? I used to love this forum, but maybe theres a reason I don't know about...

Anyways, end rant!
    Look in the Mirror!!! Member since Sept 2012 and only 24 posts. You and so many other people are just Lurkers!!! The Lurker number is off the charts!!! Just hit the Forum button and scroll down, usually 300 lurkers and between 3-7 members signed in at any one time. (that number needs to change) Arthur was also a big factor in promoting Surf fishing on this website and he's moved on. If I sound a little harsh on Lurkers, I at least practice what I preach. Look for my fishing reports to start flooding this Forum in the near future.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-21-2017 at 07:05 PM.

I think Arthur is still on this site, Eric. He was one of the admins who responded when I reported a person for making threats, that you might recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I think Arthur is still on this site, Eric. He was one of the admins who responded when I reported a person for making threats, that you might recall.
    I know he still makes guest appearances. But he was gone as long as 12 months without making a post. My point was, when he was here on a daily basis and putting together Surf tournaments and other outings. That section was very lively, with a lot of fish reports!

Too many good fishermen have been banned. Too much babysitting when a good argument or 2 guys going at it.
    Same thing happened to Allcoast. That site is dead now. Most have moved to BD and Facebook.

The aqueduct was a great board then Duct boyz got banned. That board died.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Too many good fishermen have been banned. Too much babysitting when a good argument or 2 guys going at it.
    Same thing happened to Allcoast. That site is dead now. Most have moved to BD and Facebook.

The aqueduct was a great board then Duct boyz got banned. That board died.
    DR
    Banning is kind of a double edge sword. Just don't act stupid and you will be fine around here. You don't get banned by playing nice!!!

DR it's funny about the Duct, there is another website just devoted to that area. Yet none of those people are on there as far as I can tell!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-22-2017 at 12:01 PM.

That's fair, however I post on this forum when I fish SoCal and I've been away for a while. I still get the gist of your point, we should all participate more.

In summary, after reading all the replies it seems the overall consensus is that this forum is suffering from a combination of;

1. Over moderation with a heavy ban hammer.
    2. The "power users" have either migrated somewhere else or don't post as much anymore.
    3. The forum has become too political.
    4. Some SoCal fishing areas have been closed
    5. Lastly, but maybe most importantly, people lurk without posting and that needs to change.

I hope we can turn it around!
    Last edited by ILL PHIL; 11-22-2017 at 04:34 PM.