Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened here? Is this forum dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Looks like Ssortasober has selective amnesia.
    I don't mind the selective amnesia.

What I do mind is the straight out lies.

So, let's review.

1. He's saying that General Discussion is for "general discussion about fishing" when it clearly isn't labeled as that.

2. He's saying that General Discussion wasn't as political before as it is now. My screenshots disprove that.

I do realize that our current condition in the country pretty much gives everyone a carte blanche to lie as they wish, but cmon.

I have no problems calling people out on their BS. This is just another example, and I'm curious if Mr. Sober will respond to any of this, and if he does, I'm going to love the deflection that usually comes when someone is caught in various lies. Usually they'll ignore the thread, and then post on another one a few moments after, pretending nothing they actually said came outta their mouth.

I agree about getting the vote out, especially young people and minorities that vote at lower rates. But as we know, Republicans are making it harder for them to vote, or discouraging them and making them apathetic non voters if they can. I am often writing and commenting about that.

In addition to the other side effects of their tax plan, the growing deficit resulting from the tax cuts may be used as an excuse to further cut into other government programs. Bernie Sanders was talking about that the other day.

On the Trump base, there is some evidence that it is in fact shrinking. Whether there is 35% who are totally impervious to reality, remains to be seen. I don't think that the jury is in on that, and it is still being tested.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 12-01-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Hello Dark Shadow. I believe that dishonesty should be punished, especially when people use it manipulatively to get their way, and I agree that the social atmosphere in the U.S. now is far too tolerant of lying. However, with all the delusional stuff going on out there, it is really difficult to prove when a person is lying as opposed to just being delusional. People often end up believing their own lies. I think that most likely applies to the current president too. Just because Ssortasober said some things that aren't true about this board, doesn't mean that he was lying about it. Perhaps somehow he really didn't know that. But if not, he should have known it.

Hello Dark Shadow. I believe that dishonesty should be punished, especially when people use it manipulatively to get their way, and I agree that the social atmosphere in the U.S. now is far too tolerant of lying. However, with all the delusional stuff going on out there, it is really difficult to prove when a person is lying as opposed to just being delusional. People often end up believing their own lies. I think that most likely applies to the current president too. Just because Ssortasober said some things that aren't true about this board, doesn't mean that he was lying about it. Perhaps somehow he really didn't know that. But if not, he should have known it.
    If you don't honestly know then you're just ignorant. If you do know the facts and choose to ignore or change them, then you become just stupid.

Just because Ssortasober said some things that aren't true about this board, doesn't mean that he was lying about it. Perhaps somehow he really didn't know that. But if not, he should have known it.
    I was raised with the notion that if i dont know anything about a topic, I either:

1. STFU
    2. Do some research.

In this day in age, there is no excuse about not knowing about a subject before opening up your flap. Research and then talk. Don't talk and then be offended when someone calls you out on what you have no idea what you're talking about.

Which brings me back full circle on this thread. It seems many people took their ball and went home simply because they finally realized they had no idea what they were arguing about and realized they may have been overmatched by their competition so they did the correct thing and shut up.

And personally, i dont mind.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 12-01-2017 at 04:52 PM.

I originally signed up in 2006, before President Obama was elected. Lot less politics on this site in those days. Pulling up threads going back to 2010- 2015? Missing the point.
    For the record I did vote in the last 3 elections, I didn't vote for trump, and I did vote for Obama twice. Again my point was when I joined there was far less politics on this site, it has steadily gotten worse as the years pass.
    Looks like you jumped the gun on that one DS. Maybe an apology would be a nice gesture?
    Last edited by Ssortasober; 12-01-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    I originally signed up in 2006, before President Obama was elected. Lot less politics on this site in those days. Pulling up threads going back to 2010- 2015? Missing the point.
    Neither the (broken) length of your participation on this site, nor your recollection of the posting trends in General Discussion, give you any special deference or privilege to define or determine who may, or what should, be posted here.

Indeed, it was you who missed the point (and then cherry-picked your response), when you posted this nonsense:

So let's get back on point.
    The general discussion forum on a fishing website. I believe is set for a general discussion on fishing.
    Your political beliefs belong elsewhere.
    So, since you are missing the point, allow me to repeat it, nice and slow for you to comprehend:

General Discussion
    Post General "Non-Fishing" topics here.
    So yes, let's get back on point.

Again my point was when I joined there was far less politics on this site, it has steadily gotten worse as the years pass.
    Since you've "participated" here since 2006, it should come as no surprise to you that the ebb and flow of posts here on FNN - whether they be fishing or non-fishing related - reflect our fishing community and society as a whole. A year after your initial registration, we had the beginning of the single greatest economic catastrophe in this country. The year after that, the 44th President of the United States was elected, and immediately became the target for every right-wing conspiracy-spewing closet-racist. And that visceral outrage against him became quite prominent here as the Hawgzs and DEVs and DockRats came out of the woodwork. They falsely believed this was a safe haven for their twisted political and socio-economic claptrap to go unanswered. They were wrong.

Indeed, politics is at the forefront of American society, now more than ever. And a forum is provided here, in General Discussion, to engage in that exchange, no matter how much it my bruise your sensitive hiney. Do you honestly believe that people who are as passionate about their politics as they are about their fishing, would choose to discuss one but not the other, given the opportunity to do both in the same forum?

Please. Live in the now.

You have a choice. You can ignore the Non-Fishing section as a whole. You can ignore the General Discussion section as a whole. And finally, you can ignore individual posts within. You can even appeal to the Webmaster or Administrators to change the nature of this forum, for better or for worse. But what you can't do is start crying now, or start accusing people of abusing this forum simply because you don't like the topic of discussion. You got that, cowboy?

Fishing News Network is the name. Did you understand that?
    Wrong - it's FishingNetwork.net. Did you understand that?

So miss, this is exactly my point. It's a political discussion. So why not name the general discussion section a general political discussion section.
    Add a general discussion about fishing section.
    Since this site has become a political board.
    Give me a break, can I get a hallelujah on the fact this is a fishing site, or is this a dead site as you people spew political beliefs on a fishing website. This is exactly why this site is dead.
    Go ahead tell me the GD is for a gd discussion on politics.
    It's exactly why this site is going to die. Where will you go?
    On a fishing website, the general discussion section is for a general discussion on fishing.
    It must be just me.
    I'm going on crockpot. Com and discuss my political views.
    Really? This site is a disaster. Whatever you do mods don't set up a political section.
    There wasn't a silverwood or skinner section, when I joined. Burn it down. It's gonna die if someone Dosent speak up. I am not afraid. Nor am I intimidated. Go to Dirt digging.com spew your ****.
    Politics don't belong here and it's why this site is dead.
    That's the title of this thread. FNN does stand for fishing news network. Otherwise it would it would be FN.net Just so you know.
    Last edited by Ssortasober; 12-01-2017 at 10:16 PM.

So miss, this is exactly my point. It's a political discussion. So why not name the general discussion section a general political discussion section.
    Add a general discussion about fishing section.
    Since this site has become a political board.
    There are currently three General Discussion sections already in existence for fishing-related topics. Two for SoCal (one fresh/one salt), and one for NorCal.

In addition, there is an entire General Fishing Section which has 6 sections of it's own.

That's nine - count 'em, nine - general discussion sections devoted to fishing-related topics.

What you are asking for, has already been provided. Nine times over.

Give me a break, can I get a hallelujah on the fact this is a fishing site, or is this a dead site as you people spew political beliefs on a fishing website. This is exactly why this site is dead.
    Go ahead tell me the GD is for a gd discussion on politics.
    It's exactly why this site is going to die. Where will you go?
    On a fishing website, the general discussion section is for a general discussion on fishing.
    It must be just me.
    I'm going on crockpot. Com and discuss my political views.
    Really? This site is a disaster. Whatever you do mods don't set up a political section.
    There wasn't a silverwood or skinner section, when I joined. Burn it down. It's gonna die if someone Dosent speak up. I am not afraid. Nor am I intimidated. Go to Dirt digging.com spew your ****.
    Politics don't belong here and it's why this site is dead.
    That's the title of this thread.
    And once again, you are free to ignore the ONE SECTION OUT OF THIRTY SEVEN which happens to chap your backside. No one is twisting your arm to read the Non-Fishing General Discussion section. Feel free to focus on the NINE OTHER GENERAL FISHING SECTIONS.

So I'm assuming you get what I'm saying, besides the whole FNN part?
    Nobody reads the no cal section.
    Miss, I'm on your side, get off mine. Go to BettyCrocker.net and fill out your political *****

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast