Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What happened here? Is this forum dead?

Respectfully,that is not what the rest of the board said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    Respectfully,that is not what the rest of the board said.
    You know me I see things in a different light then most people. (but it is all true) The one other thing I didn't write about is people unfortunately getting bored with things after a while. They are always looking for something new. I too have looked over Facebooks fishing websites. To be honest with you, FNN is the major leagues for a forum compared to them. Facebook fishing websites are written to the level of a 4th grader. They post a few pictures and usually 1 line responses. Very little full reports in there and not a whole lot of fishing information to be gained.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-06-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Tuck, if they are board they don't need to hear political views. Tell people your Christmas list.

Focus, the members have spoke. Multiple times. I didn't hear anything about more politics

Tuck, if they are board they don't need to hear political views. Tell people your Christmas list.
    Ssortasober, I like the Christmas list idea!!! Actually, I've been kicking an idea around in my head for awhile. It was inspired by one of my old favorite TV series. (Married with Children) In this particular episode the Bundy's went to London England. While they were there Al found a place called, "Speaker's Coroner." At this place anyone could speak his mind on anything!!! Well if we did that here, "it could be a tongue and cheek thread starter." It could be a lot of fun for people who are looking for some light entertainment!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-07-2017 at 09:28 AM.

E Tucker you know I never admonished you no matter what the lady said.
    That is a lie.

So let's get back on point.
    The general discussion forum on a fishing website. I believe is set for a general discussion on fishing.
    Your political beliefs belong elsewhere.
    E Tuck, you abuse this website. I like you, but your politics belong on another website. As you stack your post numbers, the majority of your posts are political.
    There are other sites for that. This is the fishing news network. Period.
    While I may agree with your political views to some extent, wrong venue.

Take it elsewhere cowboy. You just might be the reason why this site is dying.
    Even if you post some fishing reports the fact is, your political rants just might be adding to why this site is dead.
    Hence the title of this thread.
    I was here before you, there was a lot less political discourse.
    Stop.
    Go to CNN.com.
    Fishing News Network is the name. Did you understand that?

Personally, I agree with everything that Eric said about why this site is less active than it used to be. In fact, I made a comment along those lines a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it is because of politics. There is a non fishing part of this website, and General Discussion is in it. If it would make more people happy, though, I would be fine with the creation of a politics section in this website.

However, given that Ssortasober voted for Obama twice, and didn't vote for Trump (I wonder if he voted for the same person last year that I did), as well as having seen some of his political views, I think some people who are "on his side" politically are being a little hard on him. I remember when it was difficult to find people on this site who admitted to voting for Obama. I don't agree that we should be complaining about people discussing politics on this site, though.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 12-07-2017 at 03:01 PM.

I didn't feel E Tucker felt like I had admonished him nor disrespected him. Our opinions mesh for sure.
    FNN, and I mean Fishing News Network has an internet troll here, who is above admitting a mistake, and will call all out on their mistakes.
    Troll for sure, a shrew if I might. I will, Quagga is certainly no lady. Maybe I'll make another thread as to what the cling on filter feeders name should be. Did you call me a liar?
    Mr Quagga, I feel for you sir. The shrew he married I'm sure had some positive traits. Gone now, no fishing reports and just an opinion. Troll for sure. I said I was on your side.
    Never again. Admit you were wrong, made a mistake.
    Or are you above that? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Ssortasober; 12-07-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Educated and opinionated, if someone dropped in front of me I am the go to guy and without hesitation, I would.

What do you contribute to our society or this forum?

Did you call me a liar?
    Let's review:

E Tucker you know I never admonished you no matter what the lady said.
    That is a lie.

So let's get back on point.
    The general discussion forum on a fishing website. I believe is set for a general discussion on fishing.
    Your political beliefs belong elsewhere.
    E Tuck, you abuse this website. I like you, but your politics belong on another website. As you stack your post numbers, the majority of your posts are political.
    There are other sites for that. This is the fishing news network. Period.
    While I may agree with your political views to some extent, wrong venue.

Take it elsewhere cowboy. You just might be the reason why this site is dying.
    Even if you post some fishing reports the fact is, your political rants just might be adding to why this site is dead.
    Hence the title of this thread.
    I was here before you, there was a lot less political discourse.
    Stop.
    Go to CNN.com.
    Fishing News Network is the name. Did you understand that?
    Still a lie.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast