Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened here? Is this forum dead?

Default What happened here? Is this forum dead?

This forum doesn't get a fraction of the posts it did a few years ago. I don't see any SWAT members posting, no daily reports, nothing. Did I not get the memo that FNN is dead or dying? I used to love this forum, but maybe theres a reason I don't know about...

Anyways, end rant!

Quote Originally Posted by ILL PHIL View Post
    This forum doesn't get a fraction of the posts it did a few years ago. I don't see any SWAT members posting, no daily reports, nothing. Did I not get the memo that FNN is dead or dying? I used to love this forum, but maybe theres a reason I don't know about...

Anyways, end rant!
    Look in the Mirror!!! Member since Sept 2012 and only 24 posts. You and so many other people are just Lurkers!!! The Lurker number is off the charts!!! Just hit the Forum button and scroll down, usually 300 lurkers and between 3-7 members signed in at any one time. (that number needs to change) Arthur was also a big factor in promoting Surf fishing on this website and he's moved on. If I sound a little harsh on Lurkers, I at least practice what I preach. Look for my fishing reports to start flooding this Forum in the near future.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-21-2017 at 07:05 PM.

I think Arthur is still on this site, Eric. He was one of the admins who responded when I reported a person for making threats, that you might recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I think Arthur is still on this site, Eric. He was one of the admins who responded when I reported a person for making threats, that you might recall.
    I know he still makes guest appearances. But he was gone as long as 12 months without making a post. My point was, when he was here on a daily basis and putting together Surf tournaments and other outings. That section was very lively, with a lot of fish reports!

Too many good fishermen have been banned. Too much babysitting when a good argument or 2 guys going at it.
    Same thing happened to Allcoast. That site is dead now. Most have moved to BD and Facebook.

The aqueduct was a great board then Duct boyz got banned. That board died.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Too many good fishermen have been banned. Too much babysitting when a good argument or 2 guys going at it.
    Same thing happened to Allcoast. That site is dead now. Most have moved to BD and Facebook.

The aqueduct was a great board then Duct boyz got banned. That board died.
    DR
    Banning is kind of a double edge sword. Just don't act stupid and you will be fine around here. You don't get banned by playing nice!!!

DR it's funny about the Duct, there is another website just devoted to that area. Yet none of those people are on there as far as I can tell!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-22-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Banning is kind of a double edge sword. Just don't act stupid and you will be fine around here. You don't get banned by playing nice!!!

DR it's funny about the Duct, there is another website just devoted to that area. Yet none of those people are on there as far as I can tell!!
    What is wrong with acting stupid or playing rough. Why have a mormon style "so nice" site.

Who cares if someone is offended. On BD if you talk sh!it about someone you might get dog piled by 10 other guys
    "self moderating is better" than some goody tooshoe power trip guy.

That is why the PREVIOUS #1 site Allcoast died. MODERATED TO DEATH.
    Somebody says something a little harsh and some sensitive moderator puts you on time out or bans you.

IT sucks. Losing Mike Bako boys. 2 top fisherman Cory and Corey.
    Not tunaslam but the other Cory is a badass fisherman and goes twice a week. Sure the guy is into himself with so many "look at me" videos but who cares.

You need to get on FB. I use a fake name and many do. That way you don't have all these school friends and others coming out to re-connect.
    Too many people like you think FB is all about personal BS. I use it 90% of the time for all the groups I belong to. So Cal sport fishing for example.
    A top duct fisherman just started a group called Duct Wars. You can get much more intel than a fishing site. You can sign up as Etucker1959.

FB is not all about people posting for attention. Not to mention all the venders and stores have FB pages.

Webmaster Jeff should let it go. Let people fight, talkshit, whatever. More entertaining = more posts = more advertisers = more money $$$
    These "nice family sites" make less money. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY $$$
    Last edited by DockRat; 11-22-2017 at 12:41 PM.

I stopped posting for many reasons. Board is not the same as it once was. Irvine Lake closed and that seems to really put a lot of downward spiral for this board. Plus the fact when I did post and saw extra amounts of people at certain locations it got frustrating. Knuckleheads threatening others and honestly the whole political aurora thats on this board is a total drag. I just want to see fishing. Other forums do not allow politics and religion unless its those types of forums and those forums seem to do really well. IF we just stuck to fishing and no politics, this board has a great chance of coming up again.......

Forum has become to political.

remembered the days we would try
    to post more new threads than the other
    groups!!!! there were the bass guys.
    the pay for lake , the panfisherman,
    salt. ect... I'll keep posting--------
    went out today for 5 nice slabz!!!
    in very little time, just to say,lol.
    been on a good bite all year,fish
    are all fat and solid'

cm

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast