Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Afternoon Spottie Session

Default Afternoon Spottie Session

This time of year, when it's cold in the morning, I'm always checking Windfinder for days when the wind stays calm in the afternoon so I can get in an afternoon session and stay warm.

It wasn't exactly a record setting session, but I had fun being on the water, I beat the skunk, and got home safe and sound! It's all good!

Happy fishing!

Hey Bob how ya doin? I noticed it’s wader time right,as I recall you usually would fish in shorts,I remember when I was tubing in freshwater I hated when the water was so cold we needed waders,it sure was a hassle when you had to kick to shore,find a hiding place Drop your waders and take a leak,how do you deal with in that in waders in the salt? Enjoyed the vid by the way,cool u/w shots too.

Cya Tuna Vic

Hey Vic - I deal with the call of nature in two simple ways - I basically stop drinking fluids the night before and don't have a cup of coffee in the morning. I do all my setup first and then take a leak just before I put on my waders. I often do not have to go for the next four or five hours, which is when I get back, so I often don't have an issue.

But when it happens that I have to go while I'm on the water, I carry a "bladder control pad" for men in a zip lock bag. I can easily reach down the front of my waders and hold it in place while I do the necessary and then take it out and put it back in the zip lock for disposal when I get out. I'm wearing sweat pants under my waders and they soak up what little leakage there may be during this process. It's not exactly an elegant solution, and I'll admit it seemed kinda "old man pissing his pants" before I tired it, but it works surprisingly well, and I don't end up cutting a session short just to answer the call of nature. I buy the pads on Amazon, not the supermarket

When I used to tube I would lean back, get my waders down, and pee through a PVC tube.

Bob putting in work
    Again!!!

Cm

Thanks for the reply Bob,the more I see your vids the more I think of getting another tube,even have the money set aside just for that,my buddy’s on the verge of getting another skiff very soon,so that maybe the only thing that might diswade me,we’ll see.

Cya Tuna Vic