Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Early Ice Safety and Fishing Brookies

Default Early Ice Safety and Fishing Brookies

There is some Ice in Cali so if you even plan on going you may want to watch this.

How to be safe this winter your first time out on the ice depends on how you approach the lake you're fishing and how thick the ice is. I venture out on thin ice every year and have learned a few things in order to stay on the topside of the ice. These are my recommendations for someone itching to get out for some amazing early ice fishing as much as I was anxious to get out there on the ice and catch some brook trout. I had never fished this lake before and I also share how I go about picking where I will be fishing. I hope you learn a few thing, stay dry and stay safe this early ice fishing season.

Fantastic information video.
    It's still on my bucket list to go ice fishing like that. I could even do the nice drag around ice palaces people fish in.
    I could see a nice hooch with a generator, satellite tv and a bar...lol

Very cool video,a lot of great tips for being on the ice, not that I’ll be using them myself,don’t plan on fishing the ice anytime soon,still enjoyed the vid,thanks and be careful out There!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Fantastic information video.
    It's still on my bucket list to go ice fishing like that. I could even do the nice drag around ice palaces people fish in.
    I could see a nice hooch with a generator, satellite tv and a bar...lol
    It's fun and you guys have Ice in California. I ice fished in Northern California Red Lake and Caples Lake. Opportunity is near. Also I think in New Mexico they have some decent ice fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Very cool video,a lot of great tips for being on the ice, not that I’ll be using them myself,don’t plan on fishing the ice anytime soon,still enjoyed the vid,thanks and be careful out There!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Thanks Vic... its never too late to try, haha!