Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The plants came early now this is week 4 with no plants, not sure if ones scheduled this week or not yet. The norm is at least every 2 weeks but the local hatchery has been closed and is not scheduled to have stock size trout until early next year, at least that's the last I heard, so I think fish are coming from Filmore??? Anyways I haven't had that swimbait urge for a couple weeks and went back to topwater for the stockers, haven't heard of too many big fish coming out although anecdotal reports of the occasional swimbait fish.

Glad DVL is doing well should keep the masses away for when swimbait fishing does turn on.
    Thanks again for the update seal...I, like many others, appreciate all the information you divulge to the website. I also know you like to dip the fly. Went 11/20 & 11/21... got a few on tw on monday...sammy was too big, buddy running a spook had a better hookup ratio. No bites or lookers at the big baits. Considered conditions and went back on tuesday with the fly. Landed a pb fly lmb, 2+# larry, and all the schoolies you can handle. Screw shopping, ill be back on friday stripping...gobble gobble!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0991.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	50494 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	50495 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	50496
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 11-22-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Here’s the reason, behind schedule I am shocked, not.
    https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Science-...fornias-waters

DFW: "yes i have my associates degree, but it only took me 3 1/2 years" lol

Sooooo what truck are the people suppose to chase on Thursdays than? Maybe they'll just watch youtube videos of the stockings at SARL instead.... can't wait to hear all the little birdies chirp

Looks like the only metal stringers that are going to be used this season are for Xmas decorations.

And where are my license fees going again?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And where are my license fees going again?
    Yep license fees go up stocking numbers go down, makes sense for sure. Not to mention that mandate for allocating a certain stocking amount of trout poundage per license sold that went into law back in 2006 that they have not come close to yet.

Went 2 times over the 4 day Thanksgiving holiday. The schoolie stripes were eating the jerkbait at a good clip. I don't own a boat just fishing from shore. I caught them in cleghorn and miller canyon, nothing big... fish anywhere from 10" up to 2 or 3 lbs.

Jerk baits have been the go to as of late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12